The new financial year is here which means new funding announcements from the SA Government.
New funding announced for eligible employers in SA - up to $15,000 available when hiring apprentices or trainees*
The 2017-18 SA State Budget included some great news for SA employers with additional funding now available under the Job Accelerator Grant.
The program has also been extended to 30 June 2018 as part of the SA State Government’s commitment to supporting business, investing in growing industries and creating jobs for the future.
We’re here to:
- Sign up your new apprentice or trainee
- Help you make sense of program eligibility criteria
- Guide you through the grant application process to ensure you meet SA State Government requirements
Effective 1 July, funding has increased to:
Medium - large business
Businesses liable for payroll tax, with total Australian wages of $5 million or less
Payable after 12 months of employment Payable after 24 months of employment $5,000 For each new full-time employee $5,000 For each new full-time employee $7,500 For each new full-time apprentice or trainee $7,500 For each new full-time apprentice or trainee
Small business and start-ups
Businesses not liable for payroll tax, exempt from payroll tax, or with total Australian wages below the payroll tax threshold
Payable after 12 months of employment Payable after 24 months of employment $2,000 For each new employee $2,000 For each new employee $4,500 For each new apprentice or trainee $4,500 For each new apprentice or trainee
Are you eligible for funding?
To be eligible for funding, the following criteria must be met:
An eligible employer is any business that:
- has a valid Australian Business Number (ABN);
- pays wages, within the meaning of the Payroll Tax Act 2009 (the "PTA"), nationally of $5 million or less;
- is not the Crown in right of SA or in any of its other capacities;
- is not a public, local or municipal body or authority (whether Federal, State or local government); and
- is not a Group Training Organisation that is registered under the National Standards for Group Training Organisations
Employment is considered eligible under the program if:
- the person is employed in a new job on a full-time, part-time or casual basis, but not on a seasonal basis;
- the employment commences between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2018 inclusive;
- the employment is maintained for a period of at least two years to be eligible for the full $15,000 or $9,000 grant, or a minimum of 12 months to be eligible for a partial grant;
- the services of the employee are performed wholly or mainly in SA; and
- the employee is a South Australian resident.
Eligible apprentice or trainee
Employers will be eligible for the additional grant as long as the apprentice or trainee is:
- being trained under an approved training contract in an occupation that is declared to be a ‘trade’ or ‘vocation’ under Section 6 of the Training and Skills Development Act 2009.
A list of declared trades and vocations is available from www.skills.sa.gov.au.
Further eligibility criteria apply. To find out more, click here.