At MEGT, our vision is to provide training, education and employment services that make a positive difference in our local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
We are committed to developing sustainable and ongoing employment opportunities - including apprenticeships and traineeships - for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, as well as culturally aware support for employers.
We offer quality services in a safe environment that fosters equality, diversity and unity for all.
Indigenous employment programmes and support
Indigenous Apprenticeship and Traineeship Network (National)
Our dedicated Indigenous Apprenticeship and Traineeship Network (IATN) currently employs, trains or mentors over 200 indigenous people. Our experienced IATN team provide assistance with training, mentoring and cultural awareness for both the employer and the employee.
How we support employers
- Placement of apprentices and trainees in your organisation through our Group Training team
- Assistance with finding apprentice and trainee candidates for you to hire directly
- Work-ready training
- Workplace mentoring for supervisors, apprentices or trainees
- Pre-employment attitude and aptitude testing
- Assistance with the development of a Reconciliation Action Plan for your business
- Specialised projects
- Cultural awareness training for the workplace
How we support job seekers, apprentices and trainees
- Real employment, apprentice or trainee job opportunities that lead to real qualifications and ongoing employment
- Regular weekly income so you can earn while you learn
- Pre-employment attitude and aptitude testing to determine your best career option
- Work-ready training
- Culturally aware support and mentoring from dedicated staff to help you achieve your goals
- Assistance with your apprenticeship or traineeship studies
- Help to transition into ongoing employment at the completion of your apprenticeship or traineeship
MEGT celebrates National Reconciliation Week
Our Commitment to Reconciliation
MEGT’s overall vision is to provide training, education and employment services that make a positive difference and are accessible by all Australians. This is reflected in our dedication to reconciliation and promoting targeted training and employment opportunities that improve the prospects of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Our organisation fosters equality, diversity and unity for all and we ensure our staff have a robust cultural awareness of the challenges faced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We encourage our staff to use this knowledge, understanding and acceptance to tailor services that will improve opportunities for our local communities.
As part of our commitment to reconciliation, MEGT’s Stretch Reconciliation Action Plan January 2018-January 2021 has been formally endorsed by Reconciliation Australia. This is our third Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), and one that will allow us to embed our long-term reconciliation initiatives into our broader business strategy. We are pleased to join with Reconciliation Australia and other organisations in a united and shared understanding of reconciliation, with the common goal of enriching the future for all Australians.
As we work towards our goal of a skilled Australia that is inclusive of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, we continue to promote opportunities via our Indigenous Apprenticeship and Traineeship Network (IATN). This is a dedicated division of MEGT whose focus is not only to work with our local communities but also with key personnel within our organisation to reduce disadvantage and inequity in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Our vision for reconciliation is for a united Australia where the cultures and values of Australia’s First Peoples are understood and respected. Our hope is for an Australia where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have equal access to, and opportunities for, education, employment and health care. We will continue to build quality relationships and connections that bring our local communities together and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to achieve their goals.
Chief Executive Officer
MEGT (Australia) Ltd