We understand that balancing work, training and your personal life can be tricky, especially if you are new to the workforce.
When you register as an apprentice or trainee with MEGT, you get access to our mentoring services. This is a confidential service that is designed to help you overcome any difficulties you might be experiencing at either work or home.
Our mentors can:
- Develop a plan to keep you at work and help finish your studies, especially at times when you might have work, training, or personal issues.
- Make regular site visits or phone calls to discuss any challenges that might be impacting your performance at work.
- Provide you with connection to professional support services if and when you need them.
Our mentors can help with a wide range of issues including:
Work and training
- Completing paperwork or accessing information
- Transport issues
- Difficulty understanding your job role
- Workplace issues
- Completing training or assessments
- Language, literacy or numeracy
- Dissatisfaction with your apprenticeship or traineeship
- Lack of stable housing
- Access to cultural programs and support
- Mental health
- Life skill development
- Drug and alcohol problems