MEGT is here to support not only apprentices and trainees, but their host employers too. We understand that balancing work, training and personal lives can be difficult for some, especially if they are new to the workforce. These issues can also have an impact on employers.
That’s why we provide mentoring, pastoral care and coaching for yourself and others within your business. We can support you and offer advice, based upon our years of experience, about how to create an even better business by making the most of your apprentice or trainee experience.
MEGT’s mentoring program is a confidential service. If your apprentice or trainee is facing issues either at work or at home that are impacting their apprenticeship or traineeship, get in touch with your dedicated MEGT Representative or call 13 6963.
Mentoring, pastoral care and coaching support can include:
- Helping your apprentice or trainee develop skills to address and cope with issues that are impacting their work or study
- Regular site visits or phone calls to discuss challenges that may be impacting performance
- Workplace coaching around performance
- Training and support for supervisors to provide tools to manage personal and workplace issues
- Mental health first aid support
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Program
- Information, resources and referral to professional support services where required
- Indigenous, disability and female participation support services
Our Indigenous Apprenticeship and Traineeship Network (IATN) also offers specialised mentoring and support to indigenous apprentices or trainees and their host employer.
If your apprentice or trainee is facing issues in the workplace or at home which are impacting their work, contact your dedicated MEGT representative on 13 6963.
MEGT Employee Assistance Program - Benestar
Benestar is available to apprentices, trainees and their immediate family members. It offers free, confidential support from a team of experts who are available anywhere, at any time, and for any reason.