When we sign your apprentice or trainee into a Commonwealth Government Training Contract, we’ll provide you with the National Code of Good Practice for Australian Apprenticeships.
This document will give you a detailed and clear understanding of your obligations and expectations.
In summary, these include:
- Meet all legal obligations
- Provide a safe working environment
- Support structured training
- Provide supervision and support
- Advise apprentices and trainees of their rights and responsibilities
Apprentice and trainee obligations
- Be aware of and make a commitment to fulfil work responsibilities
- Be aware of and make a commitment to fulfil training responsibilities
We are facilitating the Training Contract, which means we also have obligations and expectations.
These are covered under the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network Code of Conduct which we will also supply to you, and include:
Guarantee of service
As your Apprenticeship Network Provider, we have a guarantee of service that:
- The advice we provide will be accurate and reliable,
- We will keep up-to-date with detailed knowledge of Federal and State Government requirements,
- We will be prompt in our response to customer enquiries and needs, and
- We will actively support and promote the opportunities provided through the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network programme
Privacy and confidentiality
As well as adhering to the National Code of Good Practice and our guarantee of service, we are also required to meet all legal obligations regarding the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. These are outlined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Information held by MEGT about you could include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, as well as details of transactions (claims) we have processed for you.
- Your authorised representative or legal advisors
- Government and statutory authorities, where required by law - for example, the reporting of Government Incentives for a registered trainee
- Third parties, such as MEGT agencies including but not limited to research, data, digital and other marketing and mail houses
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the information we hold, use, and where appropriate disclose to others about you is correct and current.
The accuracy of this information depends largely upon you providing us with current details and ensuring you let us know if there are any changes we need to make to your personal information.
You have the right to access any information we may hold about you, subject to some restrictions listed in Federal Government Legislation.
If you have any questions relating to privacy or the storage of information, please contact us.