Are you in a rural and regional area AND looking to kick off the new financial year with a new apprentice? Then this one’s for you!
Based on the success of the Australian Apprentice Wage Subsidy (AAWS) in January 2019, the Australian Government has expanded AAWS by offering apprentice wage subsidies to a further 1,630 eligible employers nationally in rural and regional areas in industries facing national skills shortages.
What does that mean for you?
Employers who sign-up and commence an eligible new apprentice from 1 July 2019 may be eligible to receive subsidies for that apprentice’s wages in their first three years of work, paid as follows:
- 75% of the apprentice’s award wage in their first year
- 50% of the apprentice’s award wage in their second year
- 25% of the apprentice’s award wage in their third year
Who is eligible?
AAWS is available to employers in identified rural and regional areas who sign-up and commence a new Australian Apprentice from 1 July 2019 who is:
- Undertaking a full-time Certificate III or IV level qualification in an occupation listed on the National Skills Needs List, and
- Employed under the relevant Award (modern award) for their occupation, an enterprise agreement or other registered agreement
Employers must also meet all other eligibility requirements under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program and must not have claimed an AAWS payment previously. Contact us to find out more and to see if you are eligible.
Want to take advantage of AAWS payments? You need to act now – places are strictly limited!
Contact us now - we’ll sign up your apprentice and lodge their Training Contract with the relevant State or Territory Training Authority for your chance to be one of the first 1,630 employers to take advantage of the expanded Australian Apprentice Wage Subsidy.
Head here to get started!