That’s right - effective 1 July 2019, you could be eligible for up to $8,500 for new apprentices and up to $4,250 for new entrant trainees through the new Jobs and Skills WA Employer Incentive.
The aim of the incentive is to increase apprenticeship and traineeship commencements by providing employers with assistance in meeting the costs of employing an apprentice or trainee.
The best bit? This new incentive will be paid in addition to any standard Government financial incentives you may be eligible to receive!
Who is eligible for the incentive?
To be eligible to claim through the Jobs and Skills WA Employer Incentive, your apprentice or new entrant trainee must be signed into a Commonwealth Government Training Contract on or after 1 July 2019.
The following eligibility criteria also apply:
- Employers of new entrant trainees;
- Employers of apprentices below the payroll tax threshold (currently at $850,000 per annum);
- Group Training Organisations;
- Local Government and Government Trading Enterprises; and
- Not-for profit organisations
- Employers of existing worker trainees;
- State and Commonwealth Government agencies;
- Employers of apprentices and trainees who live outside of Western Australia; and
- Employers who are eligible to receive incentive payments for their apprentice or trainee from the Construction Training Fund (CTF)
Where does MEGT come in?
Put simply, we’re here to help you boost your business with a new apprentice or trainee – and potentially with up to an extra $8,500!
Help you find your next apprentice or trainee
Become a Host Employer with MEGT and we’ll source, employ, pay and manage your next apprentice or trainee. All you need to do is provide day to day work and on-the-job experience.
Not only will you get a high-quality, work-ready apprentice on your team, you may also get to take advantage of up to $8,500 in extra employer incentives!
Sign up your next apprentice or trainee
Whether you take on an MEGT apprentice or trainee as a Host Employer or employ them directly, we can sign them into a Commonwealth Government Training Contract and lodge this with the relevant State Training Authority.
Once your new apprentice or trainee is registered officially, you may be eligible to claim up to $8,500 in extra employer incentives!
Ready to get started?
Connect with us today - we’ll help you find and sign up your next apprentice or new entrant trainee and check your eligibility for up to $8,500 in extra employer incentives.