So, you’ve been thinking about a hands-on career but don’t know where to start?
At MEGT, we know that finding ongoing training and work that’s right for you isn’t always easy - and it’s our mission to help make these opportunities available.
We are also committed to providing training and education solutions that make a positive difference.
Our goal? To help increase job opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’.
That’s where our I Got Brushed Programme comes in
MEGT has proudly partnered with Hutchinson Builders and Black House Community Housing to deliver a paid traineeship in Construction over 18 weeks – available to 16 Indigenous participants in the Brisbane region.
What is I Got Brushed?
I Got Brushed offers the opportunity to get paid, trained, on-the-job experience AND a nationally recognised qualification in Construction.
The programme will provide you with end-to-end support – from learning new skills, to helping you find employment once completed.
MEGT has partnered with Hutchinson Builders and Black House Community Housing to deliver this exciting opportunity.
The I Got Brushed programme is funded by the Queensland State Government’s Skilling Queenslanders for Work scheme.
How does it work?
The I Got Brushed programme gives you the opportunity to complete a Certificate I in Construction over 18 paid weeks.
You’ll also gain:
- On-the-job training from qualified painters and builders
- Real on-site work experience with Black House Community Housing & Hutchinson Builders
- The skills and experience you need to get you work-ready AND opportunities for future employment!
Am I eligible?
I Got Brushed is available to Indigenous jobseekers based in the Brisbane area.
To be eligible, you must be:
- Aged 15 years or over, and identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Person
- No longer attending school, and
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes Humanitarian Entrants), a temporary resident on a pathway to permanent residency who currently holds the necessary Visa and work permits, or a New Zealand citizen.
Want to learn more?
To register your interest, please visit and use the code ‘PAINTER': https://enrol.gcsc.edu.au/?p=enter_code
For enquiries about the program, please contact us on 13 MEGT.
MEGT acknowledges the traditional owners and custodians of the land we work in as the first people of this country.
This training is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative. For more information about Skilling Queenslanders for Work, head to their website here.