The South Australian Government has announced a $12 million package for small businesses that hire new apprentices or trainees.
Under the Equipped for Growth initiative, small businesses with 25 employees or less could be offered $5000 to hire an apprentice or trainee. The payment will be a ‘kick start’ for employers to help offset the cost of employing and training their new addition to the workforce.
Who does this benefit
The financial benefits will be available to South Australian small businesses with 25 employees or less, who:
- want to take on an apprentice or trainee;
- currently employ an apprentice or trainee and want to hire another, or;
- has signed up an apprentice or trainee with MEGT since 1 March 2020
Under the Group Training Boost initiative, businesses who plan to host an apprentice or trainee through a Group Training Organisation (GTO) may be eligible to receive up to $5200 off the GTO charge out rates.
MEGT will assist you in navigating your way through these new Initiatives. We can also connect you with our local GTO partners for the GTO Boost Initiative.
Click here to find out more about the full range of incentives available.
What is available to small businesses?
As part of the Equipped for Growth package, small businesses will receive $5000. This includes:
- $1500 on commencement of an apprentice’s training
- $2000 on completion of an apprentice’s probation period
- And $1500 after an apprentice’s first 12 months
Additionally, businesses may also be eligible for the Group Training Boost, providing up to $5200 off GTO charge out rates.
Are you a small business and think you could be eligible?
Don't wait - contact your local MEGT apprenticeship experts today!