The information technology (IT) industry is growing at a rapid rate and demand has never been higher for talented and knowledgeable workers. Virtually every business requires, or will require, IT professionals.
That’s one of the reasons Microsoft Australia launched the Microsoft Traineeship Program. It’s designed to support budding IT professionals to take the first steps in their career, no matter what their age or experience.
An independent report by respected auditing firm KPMG found 90% of businesses involved in the Microsoft Traineeship Program would recommend it to others, while reporting significantly lower rates of staff turnover. It also found an 80% completion rate, and that 90% of trainees secured full time positions with Host Employers upon completing their traineeship.
Who is a Host Employer
Host Employers are the businesses which provide trainees with day-to-day work and supervision, on-the-job training and development. The trainee is legally employed by MEGT which takes care of their wages and other entitlements, while also managing work performance and overseeing health and safety.
What are the benefits?
Businesses involved in the Microsoft Traineeship Program get:
- The ability to effectively plan and implement their own future workforce strategy
- Direct access to a new and emerging group of passionate candidates
- Opportunities to grow a diverse, talented team aligned with specific business needs
- Ongoing support from MEGT for the life of the traineeship
- The option to retain qualified staff at the conclusion of the traineeship
- Continued partnership with Microsoft and the ability to increase the amount of Microsoft Certified professionals within their business
Program participants get:
- Paid on-the-job experience within the Microsoft Australia network
- A Certificate IV in Information Technology
- Industry-recognised Microsoft certifications, including specialisations in Cloud skills as part of the Azure Administrator Certification Track
- A strong foundation in all aspects of IT and emerging technology
- Expert support from MEGT, Microsoft Australia and TAFE for the life of the traineeship
How do I get involved?
We can partner with you to source and screen candidates while creating a customised, strategic, long-term solution for your business.
After an initial consultation, our recruitment experts will develop and present a range of program management options and solutions to suit your business’ specific needs. That way, you can focus on running your business and leave the rest to us.
Keep on top of developments with the Microsoft Traineeship Program, the IT sector, and program candidates and graduates.
First IT program graduates make the grade
Congratulations to the first ever graduates of our Microsoft Traineeship Program have completed their Certificate IV in Information Technology. The online graduation ceremony took place on Tuesday December 8th 2020.
We currently offer two IT-based programs that combine on-the-job experience and certified training. You can find out more here.
Microsoft Traineeship Program combines paid, on the job training with a Cert IV in Information Technology (TAFE) and globally-recognised Microsoft cloud computing certifications.
MEGT has partnered with Microsoft and specialist non-profits Soldier On and Fortem to offer information technology traineeships for military veterans, first responders and their families
Path to success
Explore how some past and current candidates are benefitting from the Microsoft Traineeship Program.