We have teamed up with the South Australian government and Adelaide-based industry and expert partners to create a four-week introduction to the construction industry.
If you identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and are keen to learn a trade, then the I Construct pre-apprenticeship program could be for you!
The program includes:
- Modules in bricklaying, painting, tiling, plastering and carpentry
- An Individual Training and Support Plan (ITSP)
- Pre-employment, employment and cultural awareness training
- Specialised Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring
- Your own set of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Once you have successfully completed the pre-apprenticeship program, you will be considered for a full-time apprenticeship with a private employer, or a Group Training Organisation through the SA Housing Authority's 250 Apprenticeships Program.
The pre-apprenticeship modules will count toward your apprenticeship qualification, allowing you to reach your goal faster.
How can I get involved?
To qualify, you need to:
- Identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- Be aged 16 or over and not enrolled in school
- Hold a car or motorbike driver’s licence or learner’s permit
- Be motivated and committed to working in the construction industry
Contact us today
For more information or to register your interest, contact David Cocks on 0498 667 631 or email him on firstname.lastname@example.org