If you’re in the automotive, building or childcare industry, located in NSW, QLD or VIC and have an apprentice or trainee who needs a hand settling into work and training, understanding how their role fits within your business or identifying development opportunities, our Industry Mentors are here to help.
At MEGT, our Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) programme provides FREE personalised, confidential, intensive mentoring for first and second-year apprentices and trainees.
We’re here to give your apprentices or trainees the support they need to confidently complete their training and to help you build a skilled, qualified and productive workforce.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for our industry specialist mentoring, your apprentice or trainee must be:
- In the first two years of their apprenticeship or traineeship
- Signed into a Commonwealth Government Training Contract by MEGT or listing MEGT as the chosen Apprenticeship Network Provider
- Working and training in one of the states, industries and specialties as listed below
Industry Qualifications State Automotive Repair and Maintenance (ANZSIC Code 941)
- Automotive body, paint and interior repair
- Automotive electrical services
- Other automotive repair and maintenance
NSW, VIC Building Completions Services (ANZSIC Code 324)
- Carpentry services
- Glazing services
- Painting and decorating services
- Plastering and ceiling services
- Tiling and carpeting services
NSW, QLD, VIC Building Installation Services (ANZSIC Code 323)
- Air conditioning and heating services
- Electrical services
- Fire and security alarm installation services
- Other building installation services
- Plumbing services
NSW, QLD, VIC Childcare Services (ANZSIC Code 871)
- Childcare services
If your apprentice or trainee is signed up with MEGT but you are not based in one of the states listed above, free mentoring support may still be available. Find out more here.
What is Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices?
Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) is funded by the Australian Government and provides intensive support to apprentices and trainees in the first two years of their training in industries that are undergoing structural change.
Delivered by Service Providers across Australia in major cities as well as rural and regional areas, ISMAA complements other Australian Government support for apprentices, trainees and their employers through the Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program, Trade Support Loans and the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network.
At MEGT, our Industry Mentors have been there, done that!
Our Industry Mentors have qualifications relevant to the industry you work in. This means they understand the challenges your apprentice or trainee may face during the first two years of training and have the experience and expertise to provide relevant and practical support.
For apprentices and trainees entering the workforce for the first time, our Industry Mentors can also provide much-needed support with the little things others might take for granted such as the best way to approach issues in the workplace, getting to and from work and training, and managing their money.
Our Industry Mentors can:
- Chat with your apprentice or trainee face-to-face to develop an individual mentoring plan including tools and strategies to address and cope with any issues that may be impacting work or study
- Help identify additional training requirements
- Assist in adjusting to a new work environment
- Help identify opportunities for career progression
- Provide information, resources and referral to professional support services where required
Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.