You may be thinking about learning a trade like bricklaying, painting, tiling or plastering. In that case, the ‘Test a Trade’ Pre-Apprenticeship Program could be exactly what you’re looking for!
MEGT, Carey Training and the South Australian Housing Authority have teamed up with the Skilling South Australia initiative to deliver a combination of classroom learning and practical work so you can ‘test’ if a certain trade is right for you.
The program includes modules from trade apprenticeships that are available within the SA Housing Authority’s apprenticeship program.
How you can get involved
There are just a few boxes you need to tick to qualify:
• Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible visa holder
• Be aged 16 or over and not enrolled in school
• Have a driver’s licence (P plates or motorbike) or a learner’s permit
• Motivation and commitment to work in the construction industry
• Your own set of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Learner support services
• Police clearances
• Drug and alcohol testing and support
• Access to apprenticeships in bricklaying, tiling, painting and plastering