At MEGT, we're committed to developing sustainable and ongoing employment, apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Our Indigenous employment programmes and support
Indigenous Apprenticeship and Traineeship Network (National)
Our dedicated Indigenous Apprenticeship and Traineeship Network (IATN) currently employs, trains or mentors over 200 Indigenous people. Our experienced IATN team provide assistance with training, mentoring and cultural awareness for you and your employer.
We support job seekers, apprentices and trainees with:
- Connecting Indigenous job seekers with real job opportunities that lead to apprenticeship or traineeship qualifications or ongoing employment
- Regular weekly income
- Pre-employment attitude and aptitude testing to determine your best career option
- Work-ready training
- Culturally aware support and mentoring from dedicated staff to help you achieve your goals
- Assistance with your apprenticeship or traineeship studies where relevant
- Help to transition into ongoing employment at the completion of your apprenticeship or traineeship where relevant