Your options as an out-of-contract apprentice or trainee
- Published on Monday 19 September, 2016
- 2 min. to read
Unfortunately, not all apprenticeships or traineeships work out as planned, which can lead to a training contract getting cancelled or terminated. Fortunately, we can support you if this happens with our free online jobs board, Gateway Services.
Gateway Services was created to bring the right employer and the right apprentice/trainee together.
Finding a new employer
While the termination or cancellation of a contract is disappointing, you should begin the search for a new employer as quickly as possible.
Our online jobs board is FREE for candidates and allows you to explore apprenticeship and traineeship jobs according to your preferred state, industry and location.
You can also choose to complete aptitude testing and the MEGT Career Quiz to find the career that’s right for you.
Out of contract and not sure where to go next?
Register for MEGT’s Career Hub and let us find your perfect match.
Finding a new apprentice or trainee
Our online jobs board is not just for job seekers.
Employers can also use the jobs board for free to post job vacancies online and to screen candidates based on their previous experience and optional aptitude test results.
Once the vacancy is filled, your local Apprenticeship Network Provider team will:
- Sign-up and register the new apprenticeship or traineeship with the relevant State Training Authority
- Help you choose the right Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Provide ongoing contact and support every step of the way
- Assist with Government incentives that may be available throughout the apprenticeship or traineeship
Get started today – register for our free online jobs board here.