Are you a young person who needs a little extra help working out your future plans? Maybe it involves finding out about your study options? Or learning about the best way to find a job? If this is where you’re at right now, our free Transition to Work program can help you explore your career and study options, and ways to find work.
It all starts with a friendly chat with one of our Youth Coaches, where you can talk about your situation and see if our program is right for you.
Heading in the right direction
If you decide Transition to Work is for you, and you’re eligible to participate in the program, we’ll connect you with one of our Youth Coaches who’ll stick beside you every step of the way. They’ll get to know your story, interests, and plans for the future and can help you create a plan to get you where you want to go.
Your plan might involve:
- Continuing your education
- Building skills through TAFE or short courses
- Doing an apprenticeship or traineeship
- Finding the best job for you
Your Youth Coach may:
- Help you discover opportunities you may not have thought of
- Assist you with job applications and prepare for interviews
- Help you to find work experience options to boost your skills
- Work with you to improve your self-confidence
- Connect you with specialist support networks if you need.
Our support networks
We understand that, at times, there can be issues or challenges in life beyond looking for a job. This is where connecting with our specialist support providers may help. They can help with all sorts of issues, like:
- Your accommodation or living arrangements
- Your health and wellbeing, or personal or relationship issues you might be facing
- Accessing transport to get you to interviews, training and work opportunities
- Disability adjustments
- Working on your reading and writing skills
- Finding advice on financial or legal issues
Your Youth Coach can help connect you to other specialist support. Any conversations you have with us are private, and your information won’t be shared with anyone else unless you give us permission.
Let’s check if you qualify!
If you think the TtW Program can help and you believe you meet the following program eligibility requirements; you need to:
- Be aged 15–24
- Be an Australian citizen/ hold a Permanent visa, New Zealand Special Category visa, or Nominated visa (including Temporary Protection or Safe Haven visa)
- Not have a Year 12 Certificate
- Not have a Certificate III
- Not have been employed in the last six months
- Not be receiving any income support (like Youth Allowance)
- Not belong to another employment service, (like Jobactive or Workforce Australia)
To find out more about Transition to Work , just complete this form and one of our friendly staff will be in touch!