We have a great opportunity working for local council around the East of Melbourne for an energetic applicant wanting to obtain a qualification in Parks and Gardens. Ideally we are looking for a school leaver who is looking to begin a career in their local area.
Get Paid to Get a Qualification (Cert 3 in Parks and Gardens!!)
This apprenticeship will give you the skills in mowing, weeding, brush cutting, lawn health and general garden maintenance. And the best part is you will be working for local council providing you with appealing environments and job entitlements to boot!!
- Ability to undertake regular heavy lifting
- Good oral communications skills
- Keen & Enthusiastic attitude
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous experience working in a team
- Drivers licence (or close to obtaining)
- A reliable car
- Genuine interest in a career in horticulture & gardening
- Successful candidate will be required to undertake a police check.
About the Role
1st year position working in a supportive environment, you will gain valuable hands on industry experience and complete a comprehensive training course at TAFE. This position offers a range of variety within general garden maintenance.
What are the Responsibilities?
- Brush Cutting
- Lawn health
- Turf laying
About the Company
MEGT is an organisation that uses the group training model. As your employer, we will provide you a suitable host employer and an experienced mentor to manage your apprenticeship. We will support you through the program and provide you with the necessary skills and experience to successfully complete the qualification & get your career started!!
What's in it for you?
- A full time job (38 hours)
- Fortnightly RDO
- TAFE training
- Nationally recognised qualification
- Quality tailored training
- 3 year training contract
- One on one mentoring and support
- Weekly pay
- All PPE supplied
So, what now?
If you are interested in applying hit the 'apply' button now and send your resume to MEGT today!
MEGT (Australia) Ltd is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
For all enquiries please call Jackie on 8878 5417. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.