MEGT are very proud to partner with Beaurepaires, Australia's most trusted tyre retailer. Beaurepaires are the flagship brand of Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres and are an important part of the Goodyear Tyre & Rubber Company who employ over 69,000 people across 22 countries. Operating since 1922, the success of Beaurepaires is due to its unmatched combination of quality product range, experience and service expertise.
In conjunction with MEGT, Beaurepaires are looking for their next generation of success stories.
We are currently seeking a Trainee to join the experienced team at Mount Isa.
What's the job?
As a Trainee Tyre Fitter your duties will include;
- Using car lifter and jacking heavy vehicles
- Demounting existing tyres and mounting replacements
- Diagnosing wheel balance problems and balancing wheels and assessing tyre damage
- Repairing or replacing tubed and tubeless tyres and locating and assessing punctures
- Helping customers in choosing the best tyres for their vehicle.
- Other automotive duties as required
What is a Traineeship?
A Traineeship is a combination of full time paid work and a Nationally Recognised Qualification. This is a 12 month traineeship and we are looking for candidates who are able to commit to the entire 12 months and beyond. You will be working full time at a Beaurepaires store, whilst completing a Certificate II in Automotive Tyre Servicing Technology. Training will be delivered in the work place and you will have up to three hours each week to put towards your studies. You will be working alongside experienced tradesmen who will provide on the job training to support you in your role.
Benefits for you!
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career progression on completion of your traineeship.
- Weekly wages paid as per the National Training Wage
- No course or materials costs
- Access to student concession card
- Ongoing, regular support from your MEGT Field Officer
- Opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced professionals in the field.
- No experience required
We are looking for candidates who have a genuine interest in the automotive industry and are committed to gaining a trade qualification. You will need:
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Manual Drivers licence is essential
- Quick to learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior customer service experience
- No prior qualifications higher than a certificate IV
- Must be Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- The successful candidate will be required to complete a medical, which will include drug and alcohol screening
This is a fantastic growth opportunity and a real opportunity to have a long term career with Beaurepaires!!
This traineeship will elevate your level of professionalism and employability. Don't miss out on opportunity to be part of such a vibrant and forward moving team. For further enquiries please contact Emma Callinan 3387 0684.
MEGT (Australia) Ltd is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.