MEGT are a not for profit organisation who make apprenticeships and traineeships happen. We employ almost 1000 apprentices and trainees across the country and are committed to helping create a skilled nation.
We are very proud to partner with Beaurepaires, Australia's most trusted tyre retailer. Beaurepaires are the flagship brand of Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres and are an important part of the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company who employs over 69,000 people across 22 countries. Operating since 1922, the success of Beaurepaires is due to its unmatched combination of quality product range, experience and service expertise.
As part of a national program in conjunction with MEGT, Beaurepaires are looking for their next generation of success stories.
What's the job?
As a Trainee Tyre Fitter your duties will include;
- Using car lifter and jacking vehicles
- Demounting existing tyres and mounting replacements
- Diagnosing and assessing tyre damage
- Diagnosing wheel balance problems and balancing wheels
- Repairing or replacing tubed and tubeless tyres
- Locating and assessing punctures
- Working on light and/or heavy vehicles, dependent on location.
What's the deal with a Traineeship?
A Traineeship is a combination of full time paid work and a formal qualification. This is a 12 month traineeship and we are looking for candidates who are able to commit to the entire 12 months and beyond. You will be working full time at the Leongatha Beaurepaires store, whilst completing a Certificate II in Automotive Tyre Servicing Technology. Training will be delivered in the work place and you will have up to three hours each week to put towards your studies. You will be working alongside experienced people who will provide on the job training to support you in your role.
So what's in it for me?
This is an opportunity to join a well respected organisation in a secure trade. Other benefits include;
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career progression on completion of your traineeship.
- Weekly wages paid as per the National Training Wage
- No course or materials costs
- Access to student concession card
- Ongoing, regular support from your MEGT Field Officer
- Opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced professionals in the field.
OK, I'm in what next?
The candidates who will become part of Beaurepaires' future will be enthusiastic, committed and motivated. We are looking for candidates who have a genuine interest in the automotive industry and are committed to gaining a trade qualification. You will also have:
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Quick to learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior customer service experience
- No prior qualifications higher than a certificate II
- Must be Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must have manual drivers' licence
- The successful candidate will be required to complete a medical, which will include drug and alcohol screening.
This is a fantastic growth opportunity and a real opportunity to have a long term career with Beaurepaires.
If you feel you meet most of the above requirements, submitting your application could not be easier. Simply hit 'apply' now and submit your resume to MEGT today.