MEGT are seeking motivated career starters that are looking to commence a Business Traineeship and kick start their career in Office Administration.
We are on the lookout for a well presented, articulate and motivated individual who is wanting to gain practical on the job experience, whilst receiving extensive training (and a certificate III) in Business.
This traineeship role is located within the Department for Education - Office of the Minister for Education based in the City. Supporting the office manager and a small team, excellent communication skills will be required to converse with people across the department as well as the public. Assisting the office manager with a variety of tasks.
We are looking for someone who wants an opportunity to learn.
What are the types of tasks you may be undertaking?
- Reception duties - answering phone calls, taking messages, welcoming visitors, etc
- Customer service - assisting with general enquiries
- Processing paperwork - scanning, photocopying, printing, filing
- Computer work - Microsoft Suite - word, excel, outlook, powerpoint
- Mail duties - ingoing and outgoing, organising couriers, deliveries
- Database management and data entry
- Participate in team meetings
- Ordering stationary and office amenities
- Accounts administration support - invoicing, payable and receivable
What are we looking for?
- A genuine interest in an Administration career pathway
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Great attention to detail
- A friendly and positive attitude
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Well presented
- A commitment and willingness to learn
- Team player
What's in it for you?
- 12 month contract commencing asap
- A full time job (37.5 hours per week)
- Complete a nationally recognised qualification - Certificate III in Business
- Be paid the national award rate
- Have a mentor to support and guide you during your Traineeship
- Work in a supportive workplace environment
- Weekly pay
What are you waiting for?
If you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to completing a Business Traineeship, then we would love to hear from you. Please send through your Expression of Interest today!
The successful applicant is required to gain a Department of Human Services (DHS) working with children check (WWCC) prior to being employed.. A current DHS child-related employment screening will be recognised as a WWCC until it expires. The incumbent will be required to undertake Responding to Abuse& Neglect (RAN) online training course. For all other Special Conditions including more details about the role please refer to the attached Role Description.
MEGT matches businesses with the best talent across Australia. Our core focus is to provide job seekers with the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification, practical hands on industry experience whilst earning a full-time wage!
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.