Are you looking to start your Horticulture Apprenticeship?
We have an exciting opportunity for a 1st year Horticulture Apprentice to work with our client, a local council based in the inner South East suburbs
What will you be doing?
- Undertake weed control, including spraying and hand weeding
- Prune, feed, mulch and water in Council's Parks and Gardens as required
- Planting in Council owned parks, gardens and buildings
- Pick up debris, including litter and branches and replenish dog bags in Parks and gardens
- Leaf blowing and hedge trimming
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the cultural requirements of the plants grown in the parks, reserves and streetscapes
What are we looking for?
- Someone with a valid driver's licence and their own transport
- An ability to undertake physical work
- Eye for Detail
- Desire to learn all things horticulture
- Someone punctual and reliable - A good work ethic!
- Someone enthusiastic and energetic
- Certificate II in Horticulture (highly regarded!)
- A valid white card
What would be in it for you?
- A full-time job (38 hours)
- TAFE training
- Great opportunity to complete a Horticulture Apprenticeship & obtain a nationally recognised qualification
- Weekly pay
- One on one mentoring and support
If you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to completing a Horticulture Apprenticeship, then we would love to hear from you. Please send your application today!
If you have any enquiries, please don't hesitate to contact Carl on 0419 749 674
Established in 1993, MEGT matches businesses with the best talent across Australia. Our core focus is to provide job seekers with the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification, practical hands on industry experience whilst earning a full-time wage!
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.