MEGT RMS in partnership with Traralgon College has an exciting opportunity for a Business Trainee to join their Canteen team at the Senior Campus. The Canteen is run as a successful business with many customers within the school community. As well as a canteen facility, there is a Café area for sit down meals. The business is also branching into outside catering.
Duration of Traineeship: 12 months
Hours: 30 hours per week
Who we are looking for (selection criteria)
We are looking for an individual with a passion for customer service and the hospitality sector. It is important the successful candidate is willing to learn and develop the required skills over the duration of the traineeship.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Setting up of equipment and preparation of materials for use in canteen and cafe
- Maintaining and storing equipment and materials after use.
- Stock control of food and equipment.
- Purchasing of food and supplies
- Checking and marking off all deliveries
- Maintaining all work areas including the sinks, benches, pantry, and dining room
- Facilitating a happy, supportive and productive canteen environment, where staff, students and/or volunteers feel valued and welcome.
- Maintaining all food and supplies in a safe and hygienic manner.
- Other duties as directed by the College Principal
In addition, we are looking for someone who:
- Willingness to commit to completing a Certificate III in Business
- Have a good attitude and strong work ethic
- Have good communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Have great attention to detail and good problem solving skills
- Have the ability to meet strict deadlines and cooperate with others
- Be punctual, reliable and presentable
- Have successfully completed Year 12 schooling
What are the benefits?
- Complete a nationally recognised qualification in Certificate III in Business
- Be paid the national award rate
- Have a mentor to support and guide you during your Traineeship
- Work in a supportive workplace environment
What are you waiting for?
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. Please send your application today! If you have any enquiries, please don't hesitate to contact sally @megt.com.au (no spaces)
Established in 1982, MEGT matches businesses with the best talent across Australia. Our core focus is to provide job seekers with the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification, practical hands on industry experience whilst earning a full-time wage!
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.