Trainee Sheet Metal Tradesworker - start early 2021
Would you like to boost your skills in the preparation and application of protective coatings to industrial metals? Are you interested in working on ships and submarines ?
Start your career by applying for a traineeship as Sheet Metal Tradesworker at Darling Harbour / Garden Island
As a Trainee Sheet Metal Tradesworker you will learn how to work with electroplating, powder coating and general surface finishing for a range of applications in heavy industry, ships and infrastructure. You will learn to abrasively blast surfaces clean to Australian Standard requirements, prepare surfaces for coating, and apply liquid protective and solid polymer surface coatings.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Surface preparation using small hand tools, pneumatic or electric tools
- Using grinders, buffers and a needle gun
- Surface finishing- basic painting, priming, undercoating, stripping and finishing coats
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a strong focus on workplace safety
- Has a strong eye for detail and a high level of accuracy in their work
- Is available to work overtime on Saturday's, if required (appropriate penalty rates apply)
- Has a current White Card or willing to obtain one
This Traineeship is the start of your career with a leading Specialist Engineering Contractor.
During your 36 month traineeship, you will be working full time whilst completing a Certificate III in Surface Preparation and Coating Application. You will be working alongside experienced people who will provide on the job training to support you in your role.
So what's in it for me?
This is an opportunity to join a well-respected organisation in a secure trade. Other benefits include;
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Weekly wages paid as per the National Training Wage
- Ongoing, regular support from your MEGT Field Officer
- Opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced professionals in the field
OK, I'm in what next?
We are looking for candidates who have a genuine interest in the sheet metal industry and are committed to gaining a trade qualification.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment police and medical checks, which will include drug and alcohol screening.
If you feel you meet most of the above requirements hit 'apply' now and submit your resume to MEGT today.
You must be an Australian Citizen to apply for this role.
For further enquiries please contact Stefan on (02) 9289 1963
MEGT (Australia) Ltd is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.