Do you enjoy working hands on in a physically demanding environment? Are you looking to get into the Defence industry or for a career change with job security for decades to come?
In partnership with Naval Group Australia, we are excited to announce the 2020/2021 recruitment campaign is now open for those interested in a long-term, secure career in Fabrication.
We are seeking applications from candidates with a genuine desire to develop a career in the industry, with the motivation and enthusiasm to do you your best each day.
Hosted at one of Naval Group's industry partners, the apprentice will learn and gain hands on fabrication experience as we train the workforce of the future, today.
Naval Group Australia are committed to equal opportunity and are actively promoting and developing a diverse workforce plan.
Under the supervision of a trade qualified supervisor, your duties will include but are not limited to the following key responsibilities.
- Demonstrating and applying safe work practices
- Understanding weld procedure specification sheets and applying to welding tasks with assistance
- Selecting, using and maintaining various hand and portable tools with due regards for application and safety
- Demonstrating adherence to the quality management system
- Identifying ferrous and non-ferrous weldable grade materials
- Demonstrating application of welding skills, safety precautions, heat treatment and visual inspection of welds
- Adherence to deadlines and time management
- High level of communication and team work
- Successfully completing a Certificate III in Engineering (Fabrication Trade) through a registered training organisation
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience;
- Previously completed year 12 or due to complete year 12 in 2020 (essential)
- Current drivers licence and reliable vehicle (essential)
- Current satisfactory National Police Clearance (or ability to gain one) (essential)
- Certificate II in Engineering (desirable)
- Construction Safety Awareness (White) Card (or willingness to obtain one)
- Able to undergo and successfully pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing, and pass regular tests
Relevant trade experience in a transferable industry is highly regarded and we encourage people with transferable skills and experience to apply.
Please note: You must be an Australia citizen, living in Adelaide and be eligible to hold and maintain a baseline Australian Defence Security Clearance.
So, what's in it for me?
This apprenticeship opportunity will help you obtain a secure trade and prepare you for a successful career in the naval ship-building industry for decades. Other benefits include;
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career progression on completion of your apprenticeship (within Naval Group, local and internationally)
- Fulltime role with weekly wages paid
- Certificate III in Engineering (Fabrication Trade)
- No start-up costs involved
- Work with a great team
- Long term career opportunities with NGA on completion of apprenticeship
- Ongoing, regular support from your MEGT Field Officer
- Opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced professionals in the field
- Access to NGA Production Mentor Program
What are you waiting for?
This role is an excellent opportunity where you will acquire valuable work experience, earn while you learn and obtain a nationally recognised qualification.
Make 2020 the year where you set the path for a success career in fabrication!
Any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Kate Gautier on 0403787340. Please submit your resume and cover letter in Word format only.
MEGT (Australia) Ltd are a not for profit organisation who make apprenticeships and traineeships happen. We employ almost 1,000 apprentices and trainees across the country and are committed to helping create a skilled nation.
MEGT (Australia) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and encourage females, Indigenous Australians, and mature age persons to apply.
Due to the volume of applications only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MEGT (Australia) Ltd only considers applications submitted directly by candidates for this role.
MEGT (Australia) Ltd will not accept or consider any applications from agencies for these positions unless requested.