Newstone is Geelong’s specialist in high quality engineered stone, ultra compact surfaces, natural stone and marble.
We are seeking a recent school leaver to join our team to undergo apprenticeship in stonemason working on new homes, renovations, businesses and commercial properties.
To be successful you will need to have the following:
- Driver licence & own car
- Genuine interest in stonemasonry
- High level of attention to detail
- Physically fit and capable
- Reliable and hardworking
- Be a confident communicator
Working with qualified and skilled stonemasons, you will gain valuable hands on experience, mentoring and support.
We are looking candidates who have a keen interest within the industry and are committed to a four year apprenticeship. Please note we are fully wet functioning factory.
All applicants are required to complete skills assessment in Career Hub.
- Go to ‘Preferred Occupations & Skills Assessments’ from your dashboard in Career Hub
- Select the preferred occupation of ‘Stonemason’ and click ‘Add’
- Click ‘click here to take the Traditional Trades skills assessment’, then follow the instructions provided
Note: Completed test results will be automatically provided to the employer with your application
To be eligible for an apprenticeship or traineeship you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have full working rights.