The Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania is committed to promoting the sport of sailing and to provide members with a warm and welcoming environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer and transfer all incoming telephone calls in a professional manner
- Process payments at reception, including receipting in membership system
- Greet visitors to the club and attend to their requirements
- Manage all incoming & outgoing business mail
- Manage membership email address on behalf of the Club
- Use of Microsoft Office– including general typing, mail merge, introduction letters, excel data lists, outlook email etc.
- Process end of day reception banking
- Assist Administration with social media, Club newsletter and other Club publications
- Assist with the Member database – including updating member details, entry of new members, payments and statements
- Work in a safe and responsible manner complying with the 2000 OH&S Act and 2001 OH&S Regulations
- All other appropriate duties as may be required
Traineeship - Certificate III in Business
- Complete theory modules as required
- Participate in on the job assessments as required
- Work within the scope of your traineeship
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
- Maintain confidentiality of company, client and staff information
Essential Skills required
- Strong customer focus
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a small group environment
- Display initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
All applicants are required to complete skills assessment in Career Hub.
- Go to ‘Preferred Occupations & Skills Assessments’ from your dashboard in Career Hub
- Select the preferred occupation of ‘Administration Officer’ and click ‘Add’
- Click ‘click here to take the Service and Administration skills assessment', then follow the instructions provided
Note: Completed test results will be automatically provided to the employer with your application
Please note this vacancy is advertised by MEGT on behalf of an external employer. The recruitment process is managed by the employer and you may only be contacted by them if they choose to progress your application.