Suitable for someone with a strong passion for IT, who is ready to kick start their IT career!
Ashfords is an expanding professional services firm based in Dingley. Due to continual growth in our businesses offering, we now require an IT trainee to join our team. We are seeking someone who is enthusiastic and driven that demonstrates initiative, ownership and a strong work ethic. This opportunity will provide you with a pathway for development and in-house progression.
Working closely with and mentored by the department Director, this position will suit an individual who wishes to gain practical exposure to cloud based & social media platforms, providing small business success. Dealing with both professional colleagues and client base, strong, professional & confident presentation and communication skills are essential.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to complete their Certificate IV in Information Technology.
The key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide efficient and varied support to the Director and the IT committee
- Various IT support functions to practice the skill of mixing excellent client service outcomes with the technical expertise to solve problems
- Contribute in areas such as technical troubleshooting, hardware/software/system maintenance and cyber-security
- Contribute towards building the appropriate systems, procedures and controls to enhance the accuracy, timeliness and presentation of the output of the department
- Support with the coordination of internal and external events, workshops and conferences
To be considered we are looking for the following attributes:
- Interested to commence a traineeship in Information Technology within the next 6 months
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to take initiative, be innovative and solve problems in a professional and approachable manner
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with a flexible and self-motivated approach
- Intermediate skills of Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 10
- Knowledge and interest in personal computers and hardware
- Proficient skills in Excel
- Current drivers licence
- A can do and committed attitude
Why work for Ashfords?
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Biannual Team Building Days
- Performance Partnering to strengthen internal relationships
- Work close to home - New purpose built premises in 2020 Dandenong South
- Supportive and friendly culture
- Active investment into your professional development with internal and external training
- Multiple internal committees to allow you to contribute to our firm's direction
- Established practice for over 40 years
Within Career Hub you can complete the MEGT Career Quiz, undertake aptitude testing and contact the Career Hub team for career advice.
Please note this vacancy is advertised by MEGT on behalf of an external employer. The recruitment process is managed by the employer and you may only be contacted by them if they choose to progress your application.