We are looking for a candidate who is wanting to gain practical on the job experience, whilst undergoing Certificate III in Accounts Administration.
The successful candidate will initially be engaged as an intern for 4 to 12 weeks through the Youth Jobs PaTH, to see if they are the right fit. To be eligible applicants must be 17 to 24 years of age and registered with government employment services. An additional $200 per fortnight is provided by the government on top of your income support payment. Please follow this link for more information on Youth Jobs PaTH
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve max satisfaction
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensure resolution
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Greet customers warmly and ascertain customer needs
- Assist with placement of orders, refunds, cancellations or exchanges.
- Advise on company information esp course availability.
- Take payment information and other pertinent information such as addresses and phone numbers.
- Inform customer of deals and promotions.
- Upsell and cross products and services.
- Utilise computer technology to handle bookings
- Close out or open call records.
- Draft BAS, PAYG, Payroll Tax returns in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Process staff payroll.
- Process and allocate Debtors and Creditors.
- Ensure creditors are paid on agreed terms.
- Ensure all cash banking is dispatched and documented swiftly.
- Maintain record of company insurances and certificates.
- Complete Supplier registrations as required eg Rio, Clough
- Maintain register of leases.
- Maintain accurate Asset register and depreciation schedule.
- Other tasks as required by the Business Manager
Platforms used are:
- Vettrak - Student Management
- Xero - Accounting
- Cloud Assess - Learning Management
You will be trained on all three over the first 30-180 days.
- Willingess to engage customers
- Energetic and Positive customer outlook.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Technologically curious and oriented to learning new platforms eg Vetrak and Xero
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types
- of characters- especially Men 20-40 FIFO workers, some with limited English skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
Within Career Hub you can complete the MEGT Career Quiz, undertake aptitude testing and contact the Career Hub team for career advice.
Please note this vacancy is advertised by MEGT on behalf of an external employer. The recruitment process is managed by the employer and you may only be contacted by them if they choose to progress your application.