Architectural roofing and wall cladding (ARC) (VIC) are looking for an enthusiastic metal fabrication apprentice to join our team in Sunshine West.
We're looking for someone with a good attitude and a willingness to learn. Experience with power tools is an advantage.
Able to travel to our Sunshine West facility
You will be working with a small team of people involved in fabrication and assembling of all our roof/wall cladding and rainwater goods systems. This includes cutting, folding and welding metal sheets for our roofing and wall cladding business.
The successful applicant will be supervised by highly skilled trades people in the fabrication of stainless steel, zinc, copper & aluminium.
Below is a list of key skills that will be gained by this apprenticeship.
- Programming brake press and thalmann folder
- Where required make special packaging for shipping
- Complete necessary paperwork for recording of jobs
- Assist the workshop manager to ensure an efficient workflow
- Report to workshop manager on safety, quality control issues and inefficiencies
- Assist in unloading or packing of trucks where required
- Assist in other areas as directed by the workshop or operations manager
- Manufacturing of rainwater goods, flashings and custom made items
- Co-operating with workshop and administrative staff
Recent school leavers are encouraged to apply for this position.
Within Career Hub you can complete the MEGT Career Quiz, undertake aptitude testing and contact the Career Hub team for career advice. For further information about Career Hub click here.
Please note this vacancy is advertised by MEGT on behalf of an external employer. The recruitment process is managed by the employer and you may only be contacted by them if they choose to progress your application.