We have a great opportunity for a 1st Year Carpenter Apprentice.
We specialise in framework (new-build domestic housing) and are based in the Western suburbs, with our job locations ranging from but not limited to Rockbank, Thornhill, Aintree and Truganina.
You will be working alongside a team of skilled carpenters and other apprentices to help you develop in the trade.
Driver’s licence is a must, **Trial Required before sign-up**, standard apprentice wage applies & includes sick and holiday pay.
Your responsibilities will be as follows, but not limited to:
- Measure/cut timber and other materials
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and door frames
- Instal structures and fixtures, such as windows and doors
- Follow building plans
- Use of Power tools and hand tools
Personal skills required:
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Have initiative and willingness to learn
- Great communication skills
- Must be able to get along with all types of people
You will need to:
- Have a great attention to detail, be able to multitask and take direct instructions
- Be required to work both part of a team and be able to work alone on given tasks
- Punctual, reliable and hard working
Apart from learning to building both single and double story domestic homes, you will be required to work at heights, use both hand and power tools, use ladders, do some heavy lifting, walking on external top plates.
All ages are highly encouraged to apply!
To be eligible for an apprenticeship or traineeship you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have full working rights.