LMS Energy is Australia’s largest emissions reducer and the national leader in biogas-to-energy and solar on landfill. LMS will be offering a full-time mechanical based apprenticeship to first year apprentices, or those currently completing their 2nd or 3rd year, in Mechanical Mobile Plant Mechanic. The successful candidate will be based within the Operations team in the Western/Northern Suburbs of Melbourne, VIC. In this role you will receive on-the-job training and gain valuable exposure to working on both Caterpillar and Jenbacher generator sets. You will also be rewarded for fast growth, with the opportunity to be part of the on-call roster prior to completion of your apprenticeship. Apprentices currently in mechanical disciplines other than those listed, are also encouraged to apply.
Why LMS Energy?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by our vision to be the world’s leading bioenergy company. Part-owned by global company Sims Limited, we are proud to be aligned with one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World. Our people are supported by management with an open-door policy, while training and development opportunities means we enjoy an unrivalled level of personal progression and growth. At LMS, we have an average staff tenure of six years. Why? We truly value our people. Without our people, we would not be the great business we are today!
- Assist with the daily operation of biogas engines, flares and associated plant/equipment
- Assist with the maintenance of biogas engines, flares and associated plant/equipment
- Assist with the start-up and shutdown of power station/generator module(s)
- Assist with the completion of daily readings, data entry, data analysis and reports
- Assist with biogas field work, including well readings and minor pipework repairs
- Assist the VIC Operations team with other ad-hoc tasks
- Under supervision assist in the manufacturing of LMS’ assets at the workshop in South Australia
- Collaborate with Field Services and the Projects and Engineering Group
- Attend Trade School on required days
- Mechanically minded, with a genuine interest in Mechanical Engineering and large engines
- Fast learner who shows initiative on the job
- A team player, great work ethic, shows initiative, resilient and committed with strong communication skills
- Holds a current Australian driver’s license
- Fitness for work to perform the job role safely and competently
- Upholds LMS' company values and culture
Our commitment to you
LMS offers a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Innovation, Teamwork and Integrity. In addition to a competitive salary, LMS Energy provides attractive career options including professional development through an apprenticeship program and a family-friendly workplace environment.
LMS Energy (LMS) does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. LMS considers any resume (CV) or biography received from an agency without prior approval from a member of our HR team to be unsolicited and gratuitous, and such submissions will not be recognised by LMS for purposes of “ownership” of the candidate. Agencies are requested not to contact any employee at LMS with recruiting enquiries. LMS does not consider candidates received by the company until they are received by the HR team directly from the agency after approval has been given and a fee agreement is in place. LMS will not pay a fee to any agency that does not follow these guidelines. Any questions, please contact email@example.com.
To be eligible for an apprenticeship or traineeship you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have full working rights
- Driver's License Required
- Own Car Required