TAFE Queensland Gold Coast have an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to complete a Business Traineeship based at either Ashmore, Coomera, Southport or Robina!
We are on the look out for motivated, committed and reliable talent - People who are wanting to gain practical on the job experience, whilst receiving extensive training (and a certificate III) in Business.
TAFE Queensland is the largest and most experienced provider of vocational education and training in the state, we have a long, proud history of educating and training students for over 130 years. Our focus is on providing high-quality, career-oriented education with strong links to industry and the community.
As a Trainee you will be working through a Traineeship Program and be supported by existing administrative staff and management. The Program involves you being given direct tasks and specific task related to your study in Certificate III Business.
This course if fully-funded and you will be asked to complete this course during your 12 month engagement. You will be provided one paid, half day, for study time so we can support you with completing your studies.
The remaining, four and a half days, you will undertake administrative tasks in the business area you are working in.
Key responsibilities include:
- General administration duties including answering telephones, typing, filing and all other duties normally involved in a business environment and workplace.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to respond proactively to verbal and written instructions.
- Excellent personal presentation and manner.
- Ability to manage own workflow efficiently; negotiate priorities to deliver outcomes in a timely manner.
- Provide courteous, efficient and timely customer service to external and internal clients.
- Provide efficient and timely support as a member of a team.
- Perform duties within set guidelines and procedures, continually seeking improvements in the way in which work is performed.
- Contribute to the achievement of the region by being client focused, responsive, flexible and committed to the delivery of a quality service, whilst continually seeking self-improvement.
- Model and actively promote an ethical and safe work environment that supports a culture of zero harm and best practice regarding health, safety, wellness and sustainability.
- Contribute to the success of transformation and cultural change through promoting and modelling the established values of Safety First, Working Together, Focussing on Our Customer, Showing Initiative and Taking Responsibility.
The ideal applicant will have the following key capabilities within the context of the key responsibilities outlined above:
- Ability to quickly acquire the skills necessary to add value to a team and the business.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, to work within guidelines and procedures and to provide a quality customer service;
- Ability to prioritise and plan workflow to achieve outcomes within identified timeframes;
- Ability to perform duties within a team environment;
- Developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be a reliable and punctual individual.
If you have a great attitude, want to advance your career in administration come and join a strong team, we would love to hear from you!
Please send your cover letter and resume to us outlining your suitability for the role by clicking on 'Apply now'.
To be eligible for an apprenticeship or traineeship you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have full working rights.