Metalform Industries is a machining and fabrication workshop located in the Rathmines Industrial Area. Metalform has been servicing the mining, building, rail and power generation industry for over 15 years. This a great opportunity to complete your Apprenticeship and gain a variety of skills from qualified Tradesmen.
We are currently seeking Apprentices who would like the opportunity to complete their Apprenticeships with a local employer. Metalform Industries are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Engineering Machining Apprentice to either start an Apprenticeship, or a current 2nd or 3rd Year Apprentice. As an Apprentice, you will be working alongside and learning from highly experienced tradesmen.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Use hand and power tools
- Perform CNC machining
- Use of Lathe, mill and grinder
- Interpreting drawings and diagrams
- Carry out mechanical cutting
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- General workshop housekeeping
- Assist Tradesmen where instructed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- TAFE modules up to date/transcript required
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to learn
- Ability to work as part of a team and show initiative
- Excellent work ethic, reliable and punctual
- Have good verbal communication and problem-solving abilities
- Drivers license and own transport
- At least two contactable references
A great opportunity for an apprentice looking to complete their current apprenticeship. Very supportive work environment with highly skilled tradesmen.
- Receive a qualification whilst being paid in the job
- Uniforms and PPE provided
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered simply hit 'Apply' and send your resume through today.
To be eligible for an apprenticeship or traineeship you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have full working rights.