Objectives of the Division:
The Recruitment & Management Services Division:
- assists in the development of a highly skilled nation by providing education and training to Australian Apprentices
- sources employment opportunities for the benefit of the community and individuals, including disadvantaged groups
- assists governments in the implementation of programs developed and funded by them
- provides host employers with quality Australian Apprentices and Trainees to support their business
- Provides a place of employment that is positive, rewarding, goal oriented and that recognises the achievements of both the individual and of the team.
Objectives of the Position:
The primary objective of an Industry Employment Consultant is to maximise apprentice & trainee completion rates within their caseload through the effective mentoring of employers, apprentices and trainees in accordance with the Australian National Standards. The Industry Employment Consultant typically manages a caseload of approximately 110 apprentices and trainees and is charged with the responsibility of ensuring that all are visited a minimum of every eight weeks.
In addition to scheduled site visits the Industry Employment Consultant will be asked to manage and resolve day to day challenges associated with their caseload.
Should an Industry Employment Consultant caseload drop below an approximately 110 apprentices and trainees it will also be expected that they will generate additional new hosts and vacancies in line with the key performance expectations outlined in this document.
- reporting to the National Field Operations Manager
- relationships with all relevant internal and external managers and stakeholders
- Division: Recruitment & Management Services
- Employees directly supervised: NIL
- Agreed outcomes: as per Key Performance Indicators
- exceptional proven Business Development and Networking skills
- ability to effectively market and promote MEGT RMS to industry stakeholders
- demonstrated experience in effective Account Management
- effective experience in managing the placement of Australian Apprentices or Trainees
- demonstrated experience in mentoring Australian Apprentices or Trainees throughout the contract of training
- knowledge and understanding of Workplace, Health and Safety regulations in relation to Australian Apprentices’ site visits
- outstanding communication and inter personal skills
- minimum of intermediate level of skill with Microsoft Suite.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- exceptional proven business development and networking skills
- outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- strong work ethic with excellent role model characteristics
- able to address audiences of prospective employers to sell the Group Training concept
- current driver license
- self motivation as well as a motivator
- well developed IT and written skills, including the ability to use Powerpoint, Excel and Word to help deliver MEGT’s message confidently and professionally
- excellent presentation with a professional, confident and friendly image
- mature approach with tact and diplomacy when interacting with clients and staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
In the role, you will be required to:
- conduct mentoring site visits of Australian Apprentices/Trainees and host employers in accordance with MEGT policy, ensuring that all communication with the Host, Trade/Training School and apprentice is documented
- provide support and counseling to Australian Apprentices throughout the contract of training with a focus on maintaining ongoing employment
- manage Australian Apprentices/Trainees throughout their employment by coordinating and monitoring appropriate on and off the job training relevant to the individual and employment situation
- monitor progress at the RTO and ensure ongoing communication with the Host Employer so corrective action can be taken where required, for example where an apprentice is absent from the RTO
- ensure the workplaces where Australian Apprentices are placed are safe by carrying out appropriate workplace health and safety (WH&S) checks prior to placement in accordance with MEGT’s workers compensation and safety policies
- carry out regular WH&S checks and discussions with host employer and Australian Apprentices/Trainees in conjunction with site visits
- ensure apprentices/trainees requiring rotation or new placement are handled in a timely manner to ensure on-going and continuous employment
- assist with the development of Return to Work Plan for any apprentices or trainees within your portfolio who require this service
- monitor all aspects of any Return to Work plans to ensure minimal time on workers compensation
- develop and maintain an up to date knowledge of appropriate employment conditions with reference to awards and employment agreements and advise apprentices, trainees and employers where necessary
- promote MEGT by promoting and selling the full range of services provided by the company to RTOs, secondary schools, government institutions, Industry Advisory Boards, businesses etc.
- maintain an up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation, regulations and Government policies that affect the employment of Australian Apprentices/Trainees and relevant labor market programs
- perform and participate in other associated activities as required by your manager to achieve the strategy and objectives of the division.
(Note: The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties not specifically mentioned in this document, but within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this level.)
Key Performance Indicators:
These measures will act as a guide for management in determining the IEC’s actual performance to KPI measured against the below weekly KPI targets. In addition to regular weekly discussions on progress against target with the line manager, an annual review will be conducted to determine ‘on the job performance’. This annual KPI review will form part of a consultative review of your overall performance in general encompassing all requirements of the position description as a minimum.
Key Performance Indicators - Weekly
|New host sales visits||0||2||2|
|Site visits - minimum||16||14||12|
|New host contracts signed||0||50||50|
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Responsibilities:
All staff are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other personnel who may be affected by their conduct.
This position is required to undertake a National Police Check and any State/Territory Working with Children Check (where applicable). The National Police Check must be renewed every 2 years from the date of the initial check as a minimum.
MEGT is committed to welcoming and maintaining a diverse workforce, which will help us attract and retain a team of talented people to better serve our clients and improve business results.