Objectives of the Division:
The Recruitment and Management Services Division:
- Assists in the development of a highly skilled nation by providing education and training to Australian Apprentices
- Sources employment opportunities for the benefit of the community and individuals, including disadvantaged groups
- Assists governments in the implementation of programs developed and funded by them
- Provides host employers with quality Australian Apprentices and Trainees to support their business
- Provides a place of employment that is positive, rewarding, goal oriented and that recognises the achievements of both the individual and of the team.
Objectives of the Position:
The primary objective of an Industry Employment Consultant (IEC) is to maximise apprentice and trainee completion rates within their caseload through the effective mentoring of employers, apprentices and trainees in accordance with The National Standards for Group Training Organisations.
The IEC will also be responsible for ensuring the workplaces where Australian Apprentices are placed are safe by carrying out appropriate workplace health and safety checks prior to placement in accordance with MEGT’s workers compensation and safety policies.
The IEC will also be expected to generate additional new hosts and vacancies in line with the key performance expectations outlined in this document.
- reporting to the National Field Operations Manager
- relationships with all relevant internal and external managers and stakeholders
- Division: Recruitment and Management Services
- Employees directly supervised: NIL
- Agreed outcomes: as per Key Performance Indicators
- demonstrated experience in mentoring Australian Apprentices or Trainees throughout the contract of training
- effective experience in managing the placement of Australian Apprentices or Trainees
- knowledge and understanding of Workplace, Health and Safety regulations in relation to Australian Apprentices’ site visits
- exceptional proven Business Development and Networking skills
- ability to effectively market and promote MEGT RMS to industry stakeholders
- demonstrated experience in effective Account Management
- outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- minimum of intermediate level of skill with Microsoft Suite.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- experience in the Trades and/or Business Administration and/or IT Industries
- Relevant experience with mentoring youth would be advantageous
- understanding of WHS regulations and policies.
- Certificate IV WHS would be highly regarded
- exceptional proven business development and networking skills
- outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- strong work ethic with excellent role model characteristics
- current driver license
- well-developed IT and written skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Suite and a range of databases to help deliver MEGT’s message confidently and professionally
- excellent presentation with a professional, confident and friendly image
Duties and Responsibilities:
In the role, you will be required to:
- conduct mentoring site visits of Australian Apprentices/Trainees and host employers in accordance with MEGT policy, ensuring that all communication with the Host, Trade School and apprentice is documented
- provide support and counseling to Australian Apprentices throughout the contract of training with a focus on maintaining ongoing employment
- manage Australian Apprentices/Trainees throughout their employment by coordinating and monitoring appropriate on and off the job training relevant to the individual and employment situation
- monitor progress at the RTO and ensure ongoing communication with the Host Employer so corrective action can be taken where required, for example where an apprentice is absent from the RTO
- ensure the workplaces where Australian Apprentices are placed are safe by carrying out appropriate workplace health and safety (WHS) checks prior to placement in accordance with MEGT’s workers compensation and safety policies
- carry out regular WHS checks and discussions with host employer and Australian Apprentices/Trainees in conjunction with site visits
- ensure apprentices/trainees requiring rotation or new placement are handled in a timely manner to ensure on-going and continuous employment
- participate in injury management and assist with the development of Return to Work Plans for apprentices or trainees within your portfolio who require this service
- develop and maintain an up to date knowledge of appropriate employment conditions with reference to awards and employment agreements and advise apprentices, trainees and employers where necessary
- promote MEGT by promoting and selling the full range of services provided by the company to RTOs, secondary schools, government institutions, Industry Advisory Boards, businesses etc.
- maintain an up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation, regulations and Government policies that affect the employment of Australian Apprentices/Trainees and relevant labor market programs
- perform and participate in other associated activities as required by your manager to achieve the strategy and objectives of the division.
(Note: The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties not specifically mentioned in this document, but within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this level.)
Key Performance Indicators:
These measures will act as a guide for management in determining the IEC’s actual performance to KPI measured against the below weekly KPI targets. In addition to regular weekly discussions on progress against target with the line manager, an annual review will be conducted to determine ‘on the job performance’. This annual KPI review will form part of a consultative review of your overall performance in general encompassing all requirements of the position description as a minimum.
The role of an Industry Employment Consultant will be measured in the following areas;
- Meeting the Operational Completion targets
- Achieving the Commencement targets with both Existing and New Business
- Adhering to the RMS Site Visit schedule for all Apprentices and Trainees
- Compliance requirements relating to Training Plans, Debtor Management and RTO/TAFE Visits completed
- Safety requirements relating to Safety Toolbox Talks, Audiometric Results and the follow up support to our WH & S team with injuries and incidents
- Database management capturing all weekly activity within the relevant CRM
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Responsibilities:
All staff are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other personnel who may be affected by their conduct.
This position is required to undertake a National Police Check and any State/Territory Working with Children Check (where applicable). The National Police Check must be renewed every 2 years from the date of the initial check as a minimum.
MEGT is committed to welcoming and maintaining a diverse workforce, which will help us attract and retain a team of talented people to better serve our clients and improve business results.