Objectives of the Division:
MEGT’s Recruitment and Management Services (RMS):
- assists in the development of a highly skilled nation by providing employment and training to apprentices and trainees
- sources employment opportunities for the benefit of the community and individuals, including disadvantaged groups
- assists governments in the implementation of programs developed and funded by them
- provides host employers with quality apprentices and trainees to support their business
- provides a place of employment that is positive, rewarding, goal oriented and that recognises the achievements of both the individual and of the team.
Objectives of the Position:
- Promote training and employment opportunities to prospective Apprentices and Trainees
- Promote and sell the Group Training concept to prospective Host Employers with a demonstrated Indigenous Employment Strategy
- Develop relationships with key Indigenous organisations and agencies in the communities IATN is servicing.
- Recruit, employ and mentor Indigenous trainees and apprentices throughout their contract of training.
- Provide a quality service, which ensures ongoing viability of MEGT’s Indigenous Apprenticeship and Traineeship Network (IATN).
- Assist in the identification of tender opportunities and assist with the research and writing of the tenders.
- Assist with the facilitation and development of programs successfully won through government tendering.
This role will report to the National Field Operations Manager and has relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Division: IATN.
- Employees directly supervised:
- Agreed outcomes: as per Key Performance Indicators.
- Current driver licence.
- Flexibility in order to travel as required.
- Suitable applicants will be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent or have demonstrated experience working with Indigenous People in a similar role.
- Strong work ethic with excellent role model characteristics.
- Demonstrated ability to build the business through targeted marketing strategies.
- Experience in a recruitment role.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills.
- High level attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and secure training or mentoring projects through state or federal government initiates.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Sales and business development abilities.
- Good time management skills.
- High level of administrative and computer skills.
- Efficient, highly organized and a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level tender and report writing skills.
- High level project management skills.
- Appreciation and understanding of Indigenous culture in Australia.
- Good understanding of WHS workplace requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(Note: The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties not specifically mentioned in this document, but within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this level.)
- Identify employers willing to take on Indigenous apprentices and trainees by developing and carrying out marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Identify appropriate potential Indigenous candidates in each area by establishing a pool of talent sourced through Local Aboriginal Land Councils (LALC’s), Job Service members, Indigenous Agencies, Schools and other relevant organisations.
- Identify potential Indigenous employment initiatives.
- Interview and reverse market applicants who apply through the 1300 428 642 number and trainees/pre-vocational participants once they complete their traineeship/course to ensure on-going employment.
- Manage vacancies in a timely manner.
- Conduct comprehensive Inductions with each new apprentice, trainee or student in line with MEGT policy.
- Liaise with RTO’s for enrolment of trainees and apprentices and to receive regular progress reports ensuring that apprentices and trainees have completed their off the job component at least four to six weeks prior to completion date.
- Provide support to the apprentices and trainees throughout the contract of training with a focus on maintaining ongoing employment.
- Manage site and office visits of apprentices, trainees and host employers in accordance with MEGT policy, ensuring that all communication with the Host, Trade School and apprentice/trainee is documented.
- Promote MEGT by marketing and selling the full range of services provided by the company to TAFE Colleges, secondary schools, government institutions, Industry Advisory Boards, businesses etc.
- Conduct regular WHS audits on new and existing Host Employers ensuring our apprentices and trainees are in safe environments
- Ensure compliance with all MEGT and government body requirements.
- Other duties as required to assist the division as a whole.
Key Performance Indicators:
These measures will act as a guide for management in determining the IEC’s actual performance to KPI’s and will be reviewed monthly.
- Development and execution of a marketing plan in order to build and maintain required numbers.
- Management and Monitoring
- Site visits, recruitment processes and documentation to be conducted in line with MEGT and state government requirements.
- Compliance with MEGT policies, State Training Authorities, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, and Training Package requirements.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Responsibilities:
All staff are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other personnel who may be affected by their conduct.
This position is required to undertake a National Police Check and any State/Territory Working with Children Check (where applicable). The National Police Check must be renewed every 2 years from the date of the initial check as a minimum. A clearance to work with children in connection with the delivery of AASS is mandatory.
MEGT is committed to welcoming and maintaining a diverse workforce, which will help us attract and retain a team of talented people to better serve our clients and improve business results.