Objectives of the Division:
The Office of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) work as a team to support; the CEO, Board of Directors, Executive Management and various stakeholders to achieve the strategic direction and objectives of the organisation.
We facilitate and promote the successful operation of MEGT. The CEO's Office encourage the development, growth and progression of MEGT's people and systems ensuring compliance is maintained.
Objectives of the Position:
The EA to the CEO provides high level secretarial and administrative support to the CEO in the coordination and management of the company.
The position is the senior secretarial role, providing administrative support to the CEO and Board of Directors to ensure the efficient, smooth running, accurate and timely preparation of Board & Committee Agenda minutes and papers.
The EA assists the CEO and Board of Directors to achieve high quality communication and presentation to both internal and external customers of MEGT (Australia) Ltd.
This role will report to the CEO
The EA is required to maintain and develop relationships with:
• Key ministerial and government stakeholders
• The Board of Directors
• The Executive management team.
Division: The Office of the CEO
Employees directly supervised: 0
Agreed outcomes: as per Key Performance Indicators.
1. Demonstrated experience providing support at CEO and Board level.
2. High level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
3. Demonstrated capacity to work under pressure and within a team environment.
4. Sound organisational skills and proven ability to exercise initiative, determine workload priorities and complete tasks within required timeframes.
5. Demonstrated advanced skills in document development including use of Microsoft products and Adobe Acrobat.
6. The ability to work independently without supervision and as a team member.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
• Relevant Administrative Qualification
• Experience in office administration and management functions
• Well developed Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access)
• Well developed organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
• The capacity to develop a good working knowledge of the organisation and its services in order to respond efficiently and effectively
• The ability to meet established timelines and develop office formats
• Ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential and discreet manner
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and be a self- starter
• Ability to liaise effectively across a range of levels
• The ability to act quickly to resolve problems and refer queries to the appropriate staff member
• The ability to work effectively & cooperatively as a member of a diverse team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide high level confidential secretarial and administrative support to the CEO
• Preparing and arranging all Board meetings and undertaking various activities related to these meetings (Prepare, review and distribute Board and Committee papers) - ensuring compliance with all legal, statutory and corporate affairs requirements
• Manage the workflow and daily tasks of administration to achieve a high level of service to the CEO and Board of Directors
• Prepare, review, prioritise and distribute correspondence including the coordination of reports and submissions
• Coordinate special projects on behalf of the CEO
• Arrange/organise meetings, venues, catering, travel arrangements and special events
• Liaison with outside consultants and other points of contact on behalf of the CEO
• Assisting in the development of reports using primary and secondary research, and drawing from a sound understanding of basic business finances
• Ensure a good flow of information and communication between Board and CEO to Managers and staff
• Ensure activities comply with MEGT policies and governance standards
• Ensure compliance and reporting requirements to statutory and third parties are accurately and timely fulfilled
• Willingness/ability to accept responsibility for tasks and pursuing matters to ensure achievement of goals
• Commitment and demonstrated ability to provide and encourage quality service and fostering effective working relationships between management and Board Directors
• The ability to investigate, identify and analyse key issues and to provide solutions to problems as required.
Note: The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties not specifically mentioned in this document, but within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this level.
Key Performance Indicators:
• High level of professional and confidential secretarial and administrative support
• Efficient & smooth delivery of support functions
• Timely distribution of agendas, minutes and meeting notices
• Professional presentation of papers
• Accurate documents.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Responsibilities:
All staff are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other personnel who may be affected by their conduct.
This position is required to undertake a National Police Check and any State/Territory Working with Children Check (where applicable). The National Police Check must be renewed every 2 years from the date of the initial check as a minimum.
MEGT is committed to welcoming and maintaining a diverse workforce, which will help us attract and retain a team of talented people to better serve our clients and improve business results.