Objectives of the Division:
The IT Division is tasked with providing Information Technology services and solutions in support of all operational divisions and MEGT business objectives. These services include the provision and maintenance of hardware, software and network infrastructure, helpdesk services, as well as application support and solutions.
From a Project Management and Business Process perspective the IT Division’s objective is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of MEGT by providing executive level governance of all MEGT processes and projects to ensure they align with the overall MEGT organisational goals. This is achieved by facilitating optimal project management and business process outcomes and resource allocation.
Objectives of the Position:
Reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager, the Helpdesk and Desktop Support Analyst will be primarily responsible for providing quality Level 1-3 support to MEGT staff via phone, on site and utilizing remote support technologies in an effort assist staff in both technical issues and requests to enable effective and productive use of IT systems.
It is expected that they will operate in a positive manner to promote self, the IT division, its staff and duties in the best way possible by utilising technical knowledge and common sense at all times when dealing with staff and vendors.
The person in this role is also expected to work closely with the IT Service Delivery Manager to assist in co-ordination of rollouts, reporting and audits.
- Reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager
- Working with all MEGT internal customers (at all levels of the organization)
- Work with a Team of IT professionals
- Maintaining relationships with relevant vendors.
Division: Information Technology
Employees directly supervised: None
Agreed outcomes: as per Key Performance Indicators.
- knowledge of core network skills in an MS environment
- experience with Cisco Unified Communications, Citrix (including XenDesktop), Active Directory, MS Exchange, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection software, Antivirus software, Backup software such as CommVault, and remote client VPN environments.
- proficiency in supporting Microsoft Office software applications (multiple versions).
- advantageous if exposure to:
- Helpdesk ticketing systems
- Report writing tools
- Remote support tools
- Security Management software
- analytical skills with an eye for detail
- self-motivation as well as ability to lead teams and motivate others.
- excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills that are appropriate for various levels including management, staff, contractors and vendors.
- problem solving and research skills
- strong reporting and organisational skills
- solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office suite of products, SharePoint included
- ability to work within all levels of an organization
- team player with strong organization and time management skills
- proven ability to self-motivate, manage work priorities efficiently and exceed KPIs
- ability to problem-solve, develop, and implement effective solutions to problems
- ability to contribute to personal and organizational development
- commitment to continuous improvement and consistency
- proven customer centric culture focus and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and liaise with all levels of staff
- experience in being able to provide technical support in an office environment.
- ability to establish work priorities which reflect to urgency, expediency and strategic importance of general tasks.
- problem solving and research skills
- excellent time management skills
- strong documentation skills
- excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- listening and interpretation skills
- planning and organisational skills
- an ability to translate technical language to lay audiences for a clear understanding
- experience in supporting projects, including the maintenance of project plans and progress reports
- experience supporting senior-level committees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helpdesk problem diagnosis and resolution (Level 1 – Level 3)
- providing timely IT customer service in relation to user problems and requests according to their nature and urgency
- maintenance of Helpdesk technical and process documentation
- ensure all Helpdesk issues and requests are recorded in the Helpdesk ticketing system
- planning for and responding to service outages and other problems
- produce Statistical and Trend Reporting
- maintain Helpdesk FAQ’s
- implementation of hardware and software upgrades and configuration changes, including technical documentation
- procurement and distribution of IT consumables such as toner and printer kits, etc.
- problem diagnosis and resolution (hardware and software troubleshooting
- pro-active problem management (system performance tuning)
- development of Helpdesk and IT knowledgebase (help files)
- maintenance of asset information
- perform tasks outside of the PD as required by the Service Delivery Manager/CIO
- provide ad-hoc and scheduled reporting to the Service Delivery Manager.
(Note: The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties not specifically mentioned in this document, but within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this level.)
Key Performance Indicators:
- timely reporting in line with expectations
- adequate support provided to other members of the IT Division
- increase of quality and performance measures
- other subjective measures will include satisfaction levels around gaining cooperation, collaborative ability and building cohesive relationships
- actioning Helpdesk issues within agreed timeframes as measured within the IT scorecard reporting
- positive user community feedback via Staff Survey and other surveys
- continuous improvement demonstrated as measured via the Personal Development process
- IT knowledgebase in place including processes to maintain accuracy and relevance
- up-to-date Helpdesk processes and documentation
- customer FAQ’s updated and/or added to at least each quarter.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Responsibilities:
All staff are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other personnel who may be affected by their conduct.
MEGT is committed to welcoming and maintaining a diverse workforce, which will help us attract and retain a team of talented people to better serve our clients and improve business results.