MEGT is an Australian not-for-profit organisation supporting employers, apprentices, trainees and job seekers for over 35 years. MEGT is committed to providing quality employment and training solutions that make a positive difference to the communities they work in.
The CEO is responsible for running a financially sound business including driving the successful implementation of MEGT’s strategic plan. The CEO is responsible for ensuring the business is conducted in a professional and ethical manner whilst adhering to MEGT’s values.
- Reports to the Board
- Close working relationship with the Board members
- Currently supervises:
- General Manager Apprenticeship Network Provider
- General Manager Recruitment & Management Services
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- National Marketing Manager
- Manager People & Safety
Organisation: approximately 600 employees
Current employees directly supervised: 6
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide regular reports and professional advice to Board members;
- Attend meetings as requested by the Board.
- Manage, protect and enhance MEGT’s assets;
- Deliver budgeted targets;
- Develop strategies to deliver individual business targets;
- Develop strategies for sustainable growth;
- Support the development and implementation of operating policies;
- Support the development of individuals leadership skills.
- Develop business strategy in conjunction with the Board and key executives;
- Deliver short, medium and long term outcomes of the business strategy;
- Oversee the development and implementation of financial plans;
- Operate within annual budgets;
Growth Strategies & Stakeholder Value:
- Develop and implement short, medium and long term initiatives to deliver MEGT’s strategic objectives;
- Identify, assess and deliver opportunities to grow the business in both numbers and revenue through organic growth, acquisition and joint ventures;
- Identify, assess and deliver opportunities to grow related businesses;
- Identify, assess and develop strategies to maintain a leading position in the sector;
- Maximise stakeholder value by managing the mix of the investment portfolio.
Professional, Ethical & Legal Conduct:
- Ensure activities comply with all relevant Acts, professional regulations and ethical standards.
Business Risk/Health, Safety and Environment:
- Actively be involved in all areas of risk management.
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically;
- Proven track record of executive management;
- Contemporary leader who can inspire, motivate and harness individual capabilities;
- Ability to enhance business performance;
- Exceptional communicator and ability to undertake high level representation;
- Ability to provide independent advice to the Board;
- Industry knowledge will be an advantage.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in business management or equivalent is preferred;
- Executive level experience in a similar sized organisation.
Attachment 1 - MEGT Indicative Key Performance Indicators:
- Achieve growth and profit targets;
- Manage the investment portfolio and maximise stakeholder value.
- Identify and assess acquisition based growth;
- Develop strategies to maintain a leading position in the sector.
Manage Business Risk
- Develop business strategy and associated business plans;
- Ensure business strategy and plans are achieved;
- Manage operations within annual budget.
- Develop and implement operating policies;
- Develop of business, management and leadership skills;
- Formulate and implement strategies to develop individuals and management.
- Submit timely and accurate Board reports.
Professional, Legal & Ethical Performance
- Ensure activities comply with professional, legislative & ethical standards.