Objectives of the Division:
MEGT Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) is contracted to the Australian government through the Department of Education and Training (DET) to market and administer the Australian Apprenticeships Support Network (AASN).
MEGT ANP offers a free service to employers, potential and current Australian Apprentices (includes apprentices and trainees) by:
- providing customised pre-commencement services designed to screen, test, stream and match apprentices (and apprenticeships) to potential employers
- completing and lodging National Training Contracts with the relevant State/Territory Training Authority
- determining eligibility for participation and government funding
- processing where applicable, incentive payments to employers and personal benefits and Trade Support Loans to Australian Apprentices
- providing advice to employers and Australian Apprentices on relevant training packages
- monitoring the progress of individual Australian Apprenticeships
- providing tailored support such as mentoring for Australian Apprentices and employers
- attending workplaces to provide support prior to and during the Australian Apprenticeship
Objectives of the Position:
Crucial to this role is a commitment to providing quality service to the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) and its customers. This position provides an important support role within MEGT ANP Division and is responsible for providing internal and external clients excellent customer service with resolved outcomes. This must be provided in line with measured Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as well as being compliant with all aspects of the Australian Apprenticeship Federal and State Guidelines, together with any administrative processes required to achieve this goal. Energy and enthusiasm for the various programs and activities of the company should be displayed in all dealings with internal & external clients. A self-starter who can efficiently manage time frames is crucial in this role.
- Reporting to the specific line Manager
- Working closely with ANP administration staff, field staff and other MEGT staff as required
- Maintaining relationships with employers, apprentices and trainees as well as Government bodies, training providers, or other relevant industry bodies as required, or where appropriate.
|Employees directly supervised||Nil|
|Agreed outcomes||as per Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)|
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- experience in providing a high level of customer service
- ability to work in a team environment and be receptive to change
- proven experience in meeting set targets, KPIs and customer service standards
- ability to prioritise and time manage effectively to successfully achieve results
- accurate and efficient data entry skills with attention to detail
- ability to interpret and apply relevant policy and legislation
- high level of computer literacy across a range of devices and programs
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- proven oral and written communication skills including professional phone manner and accurate spelling and grammar
- professional and courteous manner when dealing with clients and staff
- ability to take ownership of client issues to find solutions and work with internal stakeholders to resolve these
- ability to deliver excellent customer service to both internal & external clients
- demonstrated ability to interpret and analyse information
- ability to use initiative and self manage workloads.
- problem solving and ability to identify escalation points
- well presented with a professional, confident and friendly approach
- maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- be willing to contribute to personal and organisational development
- knowledge of the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network Program would be desirable
- relevant administration qualifications or experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all contact with MEGT’s customers are attended to promptly and efficiently and in a courteous, professional and empathetic manner.
- Follow up client enquiries either directly or with other appropriate MEGT personnel within agreed service standards.
- Focus on meeting customer expectations by delivering quality customer service.
- Identify / refer clients to relevant and appropriate agencies such as State Training Authorities (STAs), Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), and other relevant organisations.
- Prioritise and maintain own workload, solve complex policy problems or refer to line Manager where appropriate.
- Process all paperwork accurately and efficiently within the specified timeframes and in line with the Key Performance Indicators set out in the AASN Operating Guidelines.
- Perform administrative tasks and functions in line with the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) Contract and MEGT ANP internal requirements.
- Provide advice and support to relevant internal and external customers in line with the Network Support Services contract requirements.
- Assist internal and external customers with forms relating to the AASN Program.
- Enter all information, which may include new training contract details, claims and other relevant data, accurately and efficiently into Federal, State and MEGT ANP specific databases in line with DET and STA requirements.
- Understand and maintain relevant knowledge of AASN Contract requirements.
- Develop and maintain up to date knowledge of all legislation, regulations and Government policy relating to the provision of ANP services.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of MEGT ANP processes and procedures, and how they relate to your role.
- Maintain and accurately file all documentation relating to the AASN Program, including electronic storage where required.
- Maintain all data as required to ensure accurate and up to date information for reporting to MEGT, Department of Education and Training and STA.
- Maintain a professional, organised and efficient office environment.
- Mentor, and assist in the development of trainees, and less experienced staff where appropriate.
- Identify, develop and implement improvements in service or processes (where appropriate).
- Adhere to privacy legislation in the provision and sharing of information.
(Note: The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties not specifically mentioned in this document, but within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this level.)
Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet performance targets as set by Team Leader/Assistant Administration Manager/Administration Manager.
- Ensure all functions are performed efficiently, accurately and within given time frames.
- Maintain accurate records of all activities and according to the DET and STA guidelines.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and credibility in the market place.
- Efficient and customer-centric handling of stakeholder enquiries.
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Compliance with contract requirements.
- Positive feedback is received from external clients and satisfaction remains high with no serious or fraudulent incidents or complaints received by the Administration Manager.
- Positive feedback is received from internal clients and satisfaction remains high in relation to compliance with policies, procedures, workflows and timeframes defined in the standard operating guidelines. No serious or fraudulent incidents or complaints received by the Administration Manager.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Responsibilities:
All staff are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other personnel who may be affected by their conduct.
This position is required to undertake a National Police Check and any State/Territory Working with Children Check (where applicable). The National Police Check must be renewed every 2 years from the date of the initial check as a minimum. A clearance to work with children in connection with the delivery of AASS is mandatory.
MEGT is committed to welcoming and maintaining a diverse workforce, which will help us attract and retain a team of talented people to better serve our clients and improve business results.
ANP Hierarchical Organisation Chart (National)