Objectives of the Division:
MEGT Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) is contracted to the Australian government through the Department of Education and Training (DET) to market and administer the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN). MEGT ANP offers a free service to employers, potential and current Australian Apprentices (includes apprentices and trainees) by:
- providing customised pre-commencement services designed to screen, test, stream and match apprentices (and apprenticeships) to potential employers
- completing and lodging National Training Contracts with the relevant State/Territory Training Authority
- determining eligibility for participation and government funding
- processing where applicable, incentive payments to employers and personal benefits and Trade Support Loans to Australian Apprentices
- providing advice to employers and Australian Apprentices on relevant training packages
- monitoring the progress of individual Australian Apprenticeships
- providing tailored support such as mentoring for Australian Apprentices and employers
- attending workplaces to provide support prior to and during the Australian Apprenticeship
Objectives of the Position:
This position is an important support role within the MEGT ANP Field Operations Team. Energy and enthusiasm in performing the facilitation of sign ups and various other tasks will challenge the employee to provide the highest standard of service within MEGT Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP).
This position requires a self-starter who can work autonomously and efficiently manage their time, negotiate competing priorities, influence clients they work with to create new business opportunities and be able to effectively work with internal stakeholders at all levels to achieve set targets and KPI’s. Demonstrated understanding of MEGT ANP field and CPU related processes, sound and current knowledge of market drivers and intelligence that may impact clients and a sound understanding of the AASN Program are essential. The ability to interact with individuals at all levels, internally and externally, is also critical to this role.
- Reports to directly to the Field Operations Manager
- Works closely with the Apprenticeships Field Consultants
- Maintains close liaison with the Central Processing Units and state field teams; and
- Works within the ANP
Employees directly supervised: None
Agreed outcomes: As per the Responsibilities and Key Performance Indicators listed in following sections.
- Ability to provide a high standard of sign up inductions to support employers
- Demonstrated capacity to understand and deliver services to key clients in a financial viable and cost effective manner that appropriately represents MEGT ANP as a professional and efficient organisation to work with
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships
- Ability to juggle a multitude of tasks and prioritise work schedules
- Results oriented with a capacity to meet set targets with limited direction
- Extensive experience in, and a detailed understanding of the AASN Program, AASN Operating Guidelines, AAIP Guidelines and awareness of other related programs and funding opportunities will be highly regarded.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Department of Education and Training, and State Training Authority guidelines;
- An understanding of Department of Education and Training and State Training Authority (STA) databases (TYIMS, etc.);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written communication skills including accurate spelling and grammar;
- Ability to organise, prioritise and effectively time manage;
- Well presented with a professional, confident image that represents MEGT in a professional manner and light;
- Ability to work in a team environment and to be receptive to change;
- Ability to deliver excellent service to both clients and internal staff;
- Ability to represent MEGT in a professional and knowledgeable capacity;
- Confidence to represent MEGT in the corporate arena;
- Mature approach with tact and diplomacy when interacting with clients and staff;
- Responsibility to contribute to personal and organisational development;
- High level of computer literate with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and database; and
- Current driver license.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate functions that enable the registration of apprentices and trainees by ensuring all parties are aware of their obligations and responsibilities involved with Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- Provide advice and information to apprentices and trainees (including parents if under 18)
- Understand all administrative requirements when completing sign-ups
- Ensure a minimal return rate of training contracts from the Administration Hub
- Liaise with relevant administrative staff as required
- Gain a full understanding of probation, suspension, cancellation and all other STA policies
- Maintain all apprentice, trainee and employer information and paperwork for files
- Maintain all required data as required to ensure accurate and up to date information for reporting to MEGT, Department of Education and Training and the STA
- Ensure thorough understanding of MEGT and Government databases
- Assist in building a strong network of employers by direct contact with all sizes and types of business
- Assist in maintaining marketing database for the promotion of MEGT ANP’s activities
- When visiting employers, be alert to opportunities to increase business levels by increasing the uptake of Australian Apprenticeships
- Assist in maintaining and encouraging new apprentices to link with Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
- Be alert to any difficulties that the Australian Apprentice may be encountering and have a knowledge of the appropriate organisations that can assist / overcome these difficulties
- Assist in contributing to an increase in the retention rate of apprentices and trainees by addressing any concerns they or their employer may have
(Note: The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties not specifically mentioned in this document, but within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this level.)
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achieve sign up target as set by the State Manager
- Ensure all referrals are completed within desired timeframes as set by the State Manager
- Ensure compliance and internal policies and procedures are maintained for key accounts being managed with no major escalated issues received from the accounts managed or other internal stakeholders that require intervention from National or State Managers
- Ensure tasks are performed accurately and within appropriate time frames with no major escalated issues received from the accounts managed or other internal stakeholders that require intervention from National or State Managers
- Maintain accurate systems and account management practices and process of MEGT ANP.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Responsibilities:
All staff are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other personnel who may be affected by their conduct.
This position is required to undertake a National Police Check and any State/Territory Working with Children Check (where applicable). The National Police Check must be renewed every 2 years from the date of the initial check as a minimum. A clearance to work with children in connection with the delivery of AASS is mandatory.
MEGT is committed to welcoming and maintaining a diverse workforce, which will help us attract and retain a team of talented people to better serve our clients and improve business results.
ANP Hierarchical Organisation Chart - Assistant Field Apprenticeships Consultant