Objectives of the Division:
MEGT Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) is contracted to the Australian government through the Department of Education and Training to market and administer the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network Program (AASN).
The objective of the Division is to provide a high level of support to employers and apprentices/trainees in relation to the AASN program. The Division is also required to ensure that the program meets all the performance standards set by Government.
MEGT’s ANP offer a free service to all employers, apprentices and trainees.
The Division provides assistance to employers and their apprentices/trainees by:
• completing and lodging National Training Contracts with the State Training Authority
• determining eligibility for participation and government funding
• processing incentive payments to employers (where applicable)
• providing advice to employers and Australian Apprentices on relevant training packages
• monitoring the progress of the Australian Apprenticeship.
Objectives of the Position:
This is a senior executive position within MEGT (Australia) Ltd. This role is responsible for leading the National ANP team in the delivery of MEGT’s Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) Contract as specified by the Commonwealth Department of Education and Training. A demonstrated understanding of strategic planning, marketing, budgeting and performance setting, is required. A self-starter who enjoys managing and motivating teams to deliver specific business KPIs, as well as representing the interests of MEGT at applicable National and State forums either at a Government or Industry level.
1. Reporting to the CEO
2. Leading a team of senior management
3. Overseeing national operations of the ANP
4. Preparing reports and subsequent presentations to the Board
5. Maintaining relationships with relevant Government Departments
1. Division: Apprenticeship Network Provider
2. Employees in Division: Approximately 400 nationally
3. Agreed outcomes: meet AASN key performance indicators and internally set targets
• A successful track record in leading a large organisational unit
• Outstanding business and commercial acumen
• Contemporary leader who can inspire, motivate and harness individual capabilities
• Strong organisational skills with excellent planning and problem resolution capabilities
• Highly adaptable with the ability to embrace and drive change
• Strong analytical skills with structured and logical thought processes
• Ability to deliver on operational and financial targets
• Ability to review business model to meet changing requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
1. Exceptional leadership skills
2. Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence
3. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
4. Strong work ethic with excellent role model characteristics
5. Ability to motivate the senior management team to achieve desired outcomes
6. Strong financial system acumen
7. Ability to establish employee relations harmony
8. Able to build business through appropriate marketing strategies
9. Proven capacity to interpret policies and programs
10. Conflict management skills
11. Relevant tertiary qualification, particularly in business administration desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead the staff of the ANP to ensure they provide a high- quality service by giving staff direction, assisting staff to improve their performance, identifying training and other staff development needs, resolving conflict and addressing occupational health and safety needs
2. Develop an appropriate staff profile by advising the CEO of the necessary staffing numbers, positions and appropriate salaries and ensuring they receive an appropriate induction into MEGT
3. Ensure that MEGT meets all the performance indicators established in the AASN contract and fully complies with all legislative and regulatory requirements in relation to the operation of the ANP by managing staff performance and monitoring performance against required indicators
4. In conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer develop and maintain the budget for the Division by monitoring expenditure and revenue
5. Identify and implement business systems that will allow for efficiency of processes and improved quality processes
6. Develop and implement policies
7. Analyse, assess and implement marketing campaigns and strategies
8. Develop, implement and maintain operational plans to meet business needs
9. Gather appropriate market intelligence
10. Prepare tenders, submit variations to AASN Contract when necessary and prepare submissions
11. Address the strategic development of the Division by analysing the internal and external operating environment and implementing new methods of operation to ensure the maintenance and further development of a quality service
12. Network amongst other ANPs and key stakeholders to address common issues of concern and where necessary lobby the Federal and State department officials on such issues
13. Represent and promote MEGT at relevant forums at State and National level
14. Identify succession planning within the ANP
15. As a member of the Management Committee assist in the development and implementation of company policy with other Managers and the Chief Executive Officer
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Meet financial budget
2. Achieve market leader share/status
3. Compliance with Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business KPIs
4. Understand and measure the MEGT customer experience
5. Achieve 100% Productivity
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Responsibilities:
All staff are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other personnel who may be affected by their conduct.
All Managers and Supervisors will require further statements re their responsibilities for direct reports.
This position is required to undertake a National Police Check and any State/Territory Working with Children Check (where applicable). The National Police Check must be renewed every 2 years from the date of the initial check as a minimum. A clearance to work with children in connection with the delivery of AASN is mandatory.
MEGT is committed to welcoming and maintaining a diverse workforce, which will help us attract and retain a team of talented people to better serve our clients and improve business results.