Work smart tips – teamwork
- Published on Monday 18 April, 2016
- 2 min. to read
You’ve probably heard the saying: ‘there is no “I” in team’ – and it’s true! Whether it’s on the sporting field, in a band, dance group or the office, working together as a team is vital to success.
The variety of people you’ll work with helps to create a range of ideas, viewpoints and opinions. Regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion or political persuasion, it’s important all members of your team are treated respectfully — that’s what makes a great team.
Ensure you are a good member of your team by:
- Thinking about your role and how it will contribute to the team – also think about how it will impact the team if you don’t perform your role correctly
- Listening to your team members’ ideas and support them, where appropriate
- Communicating effectively, including voicing your ideas and opinions
- Focusing on reaching your goals, both individually and as a team
- Being respectful of each other
Remember if any conflict arises, be quick to identify the cause and take steps to fix the issue before it negatively impacts the team.