What's involved in employing an Indigenous Australian Apprentice
* The IATN sources vacancies for Indigenous Australian Apprentices and assesses the suitability of the employer.
* We take a brief on the position available and provide advice to the employer on how to ensure the integration
of Indigenous staff into their business culture is a success.
* We then meet with local communities and recruit appropriate candidates for the role. The employer has the
opportunity to interview and select the best candidate for the role.
* We manage all employment administration and payments including superannuation, salary and WorkCover
* Government obligations
We deal with all the time-consuming and government charges, paperwork and updates for tax and superannuation.
We organise and monitor the training delivery. MEGT enrols, monitors and manages the Indigenous Australian
Apprentice’ courses with the appropriate Registered Training provider.
* Occupational Health and Safety
We will conduct assessments to ensure compliance, and conduct an induction program on safe work practices and employee rights and responsibilities. During the probation period MEGT provides pre-employment training for the Indigenous Australian Apprentice and conducts a workplace assessment.
* Workers' Compensation
As the legal employer of the Indigenous trainee/apprentice, we handle all the Workers' Compensation paperwork. Any claims are processed against 'our' Workers' Compensation policy, and we bare the risk. We manage all WorkCover claims but you must still provide a safe work environment and meet all OH&S requirements.
We pay the Indigenous Australian Apprentice wages on a weekly basis, according to the specific requirements of the industry and manage all WorkCover claims and processes plus all other entitlements such as superannuation, tax and workplace insurance.