Important funding update for ACT employers
- Published on Thursday 24 August, 2017
- 3 min. to read
The new financial year is here which means new funding announcements from the ACT Government.
ACT Skilled Capital
Effective 2 August 2017, subsidised training will be available for a new list of qualifications – including apprenticeships and traineeships – under the ACT Government Skilled Capital scheme.*
The Skilled Capital initiative aims to improve access to high quality training in areas of skills need, and to improve employment outcomes for students.
It also promotes training and employment opportunities to the broader community through an increased awareness of the skills needed across the ACT.
Under the scheme, both employers and job seekers can access Government subsidised training in a selection of qualifications from the ACT Skills Needs List.
The initiative also provides a comprehensive range of support services to ensure students – including apprentices and trainees – receive the help they need to successfully complete their chosen qualification.
ACT Trade Connect Grants
Under the ACT Trade Connect Grants program, eligible companies^ may apply for financial assistance with export market development activities, including:
- market visits
- development of marketing material
- promotion and advertising
- trade show participation
- incoming buyer visits
- market research
To be eligible for Trade Connect funding your business must:
- be a registered Australian business or approved body
- have a main business location in the ACT
- have an annual income of less than $10 million
- have tradeable goods or services for the export market to be developed.
- have a current Export Development Plan