Meet your local apprenticeship experts
As part of the Australian Government’s commitment to developing a highly skilled nation, Apprenticeship Network Providers have been appointed across the country to support you and your apprentices and trainees.
As Australia’s largest and only national Apprenticeship Network Provider, we are your local apprenticeship experts.
To engage an apprentice or trainee, a Commonwealth Government Training Contract must be in place. It may sound complicated but don’t worry – that’s where we come in!
We’re here to sign up your apprentice or trainee, register their Training Contract with the relevant State Training Authority, and deliver ongoing support every step of the way.
For over 35 years, we’ve been committed to helping businesses just like yours, providing:
Dedicated local presence
With offices located across every state and in the ACT, we’re here to provide flexible and timely on-the-ground assistance to you and your team when you need it.
Backed by service you can rely on
Our admin teams process all Training Contracts and incentive claim forms accurately and efficiently, continuously exceeding Government quality and compliance benchmarks. This means you’ll spend less time chasing forms and payments and have more time to focus on business.
Easy online apprentice and trainee management
Get the information you need when you need it with our free, secure online employer portal, MAACO. MAACO makes it easy to track how your apprentices and trainees are progressing and to keep on top of your incentive payments.
Put simply – we make apprenticeships easy.
Our FREE service includes:
- Sign-up and registration of your apprentice or trainee
- Assistance with Government incentives that you may be eligible to receive
- Advice and assistance choosing the right Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to deliver off-the-job training
- Access to our free online jobs board to find the right match for your team
- Easy online access to your apprentice and trainee records
- Ongoing mentoring and support to give your apprentice or trainee the best chance at remaining in employment and completing their training
How long does an apprenticeship take?
Which industries offer apprenticeships?
How long does a traineeship take?
Which industries offer traineeships?
Just about anyone!
When hiring an apprentice, your first thought is probably to look for someone just out of school – but did you know, apprenticeships and traineeships can also be undertaken by high school students, as well as adult and mature-aged workers.
Apprentice or trainee
- Working age – 24 years old
- Generally, apprentices are school-leavers or those entering the workforce for the first time
School-based apprentice or trainee
- Generally in years 10-12
- Undertake part-time work and formal training while completing their secondary schooling
- Can either finish their training while they’re at school or continue their apprenticeship/traineeship with you once they’ve finished
Adult apprentice or trainee
- Aged 25 – 44
- Usually looking to change career path or re-enter the workforce after a period of absence (travel, starting a family, etc.)
Mature-aged apprentice or trainee
- Aged 45 or over
- Generally wanting to formalise the skills they’ve gained throughout their working life
Financial incentives available to employers
As well as increasing staff performance and job satisfaction, there is also a range of financial incentives available from the Australian Government when you employ an eligible Australian Apprentice.
- $4,000* per apprentice or trainee in Standard Incentives, plus potentially
- $4,000* per 25 years or older apprentice undertaking a Certificate III or IV, plus potentially
- $3,000* per apprentice undertaking Certificate II in Declared Drought Areas, plus potentially
- $1,500* per 45 years or older apprentice, plus potentially
- $1,500* per Australian School-based Apprentice, plus potentially
- $1,000* per apprentice undertaking a Certificate III or IV in a Rural or Regional area
Benefits of hiring an apprentice or trainee
Staying ahead of the competition is easy when you have the right team with the right skills. Providing training and development is one of the most valuable ways to ensure your workers are motivated and engaged, with the skills and confidence they need to tackle any challenge and grow with your business.
When you engage an apprentice or trainee, you can:
- Gain an employee who will learn your business your way
- Increase productivity and skills in the workplace
- Improve staff satisfaction, engagement and retention – a significant cost saving
- Improve employee motivation and performance which in turn leads to an increase in customer satisfaction
- Access potential Government financial incentives
Still not sure if an apprentice or trainee is right for your business?
We’re here to help! Get in touch with us today – we’ll be happy to arrange a time to visit your workplace and chat to you about your current workforce, your business needs, and whether taking on an apprentice or trainee is right for your organisation.
MEGT – your local apprenticeship experts
*Eligibility criteria apply for each of these incentives. MEGT (Australia) Ltd is contracted to the Australian Government to provide you with free assistance in assessing your business for eligibility for Incentives and helping you with the processes and procedures involved.