Specialised support when you need it
Are you struggling to complete your apprenticeship or traineeship? Or does your apprentice or trainee need a hand?
As your local apprenticeship experts, we understand that balancing work, training, and personal life can sometimes be tricky. That’s why we provide personalised, confidential, intensive mentoring to give first and second-year apprentices and trainees the best chance at remaining in employment and completing their training.
As well as supporting apprentices and trainees, our Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices service is also here to help employers improve retention and completion rates in sectors undergoing major transition or structural changes.
What is Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA)?
- Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) is funded by the Australian Government and provides intensive support to apprentices and trainees in the first two years of their training in industries that are undergoing structural change
- Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) complements other Australian Government support for apprentices, trainees and their employers through the Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program, Trade Support Loans and the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network
- Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) is delivered by Service providers across Australia in major cities as well as rural and regional areas
At MEGT, our Industry Mentors have been there, done that!
Our Industry Mentors are qualified in the industry you work in. This means they understand the challenges apprentices and trainees can face during the first two years of training and have the experience and expertise to provide relevant and practical support.
Our Industry Mentors are available for first and second-year apprentices and trainees working in the industries and states listed below:
|Automotive Repair and Maintenance (ANZSIC Code 941)||NSW, VIC|
|Building Completion Services (ANZSIC Code 324)||NSW, QLD, VIC|
|Building Installation Services (ANZSIC Code 323)||NSW, QLD, VIC|
|Childcare Services (ANZSIC Code 871)||NSW, QLD|
If on-the-job challenges are impacting work or training, our Industry Mentors can:
- Chat with apprentices and trainees face-to-face to develop an individual mentoring plan including tools and strategies to address and cope with any issues that may be impacting work or study
- Help identify additional training requirements
- Assist in adjusting to a new work environment
- Help identify opportunities for career progression
- Provide information, resources and referral to professional support services where required
Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.