Specialised support when you need it
Adjusting to a new work environment can be touch on new apprentices and trainees. If on-the-job challenges are impacting work or training, our Industry Mentors are here to help.
Is your apprentice or trainee struggling to balance work and training?
At MEGT, we know it can be frustrating when apprentices and trainees don’t complete their training. We also know if you’ve experienced this – you’re not alone.
60% of apprentices or trainees leave within the first year of their training while 80% leave within the first two years.*
It’s hard for new apprentices and trainees to adjust to work and training. It can be just as hard for employers to support their apprentice or trainee while still trying to run a business.
That’s why our Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) program provides FREE personalised, confidential, intensive mentoring for first and second-year apprentices and trainees.
We’re here to give your apprentices or trainees the best chance at remaining in employment and completing their training and to help you build a skilled, qualified and productive workforce.
Do you need a hand to complete your apprenticeship or traineeship?
At MEGT, we know adjusting to a new workplace and a new industry can be hard. If you’re having a hard time – you’re definitely not alone.
Almost half of all apprentices or trainees who don’t complete their training leave when they struggle to adjust to their workplace or industry.^
If you’re finding it tricky to balance work, training and your personal life all at once, get in touch with us today.
Our Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) provides FREE personalised support during the first two years of your apprenticeship or traineeship.
Our Industry Mentors are here to help you navigate your new work environment, get the most out of your career and training opportunities, and give you the best chance of staying in employment and completing your training.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for our industry-specialised mentoring, apprentices and trainees must be:
- In the first two years of their apprenticeship or traineeship
- Signed into a Commonwealth Government Training Contract
- Working and training in one of the states, industries and specialties as listed below
|Automotive Repair and Maintenance (ANZSIC Code 941)||• Automotive body, paint and interior repair
• Automotive electrical services
• Other automotive repair and maintenance
|Building Completion Services (ANZSIC Code 324)||• Carpentry services
• Glazing services
• Painting and decorating services
• Plastering and ceiling services
• Tiling and carpeting services
|NSW, QLD, VIC|
|Building Installation Services (ANZSIC Code 323)||• Air conditioning and heating services
• Electrical services
• Fire and security alarm installation services
• Other building installation services
• Plumbing services
|NSW, QLD, VIC|
|Childcare Services (ANZSIC Code 871)||• Childcare services||NSW, QLD|
What is Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA)?
- Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) is funded by the Australian Government and provides intensive support to apprentices and trainees in the first two years of their training in industries that are undergoing structural change
- Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) complements other Australian Government support for apprentices, trainees and their employers through the Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program, Trade Support Loans and the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network
- Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) is delivered by Service Providers across Australia in major cities as well as rural and regional areas
At MEGT, our Industry Mentors have been there, done that!
Our Industry Mentors are qualified in the industry you work in. This means they understand the challenges apprentices and trainees can face during the first two years of training and have the experience and expertise to provide relevant and practical support.
If on-the-job challenges are impacting work or training, our Industry Mentors can:
- Chat with apprentices and trainees face-to-face to develop an individual mentoring plan including tools and strategies to address and cope with any issues that may be impacting work or study
- Help identify additional training requirements
- Assist in adjusting to a new work environment
- Help identify opportunities for career progression
- Provide information, resources and referral to professional support services where required
*Understanding the non-completion of apprentices – www.ncver.edu.au
^Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices – Consultation Paper Response – http://www.naaa.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ISMAA-NAAA-consultation-paper.pdf
Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.