MEGT are experts in making apprenticeships and traineeships happen. We are currently recruiting for a highly exciting and challenging position as an Apprentice Engineer- Mechanical Trade. Our client are a highly respected engineering company who work in the design, manufacture, and distribution of equipment for the ground engineering industry
The benefits of working with this business:
This position is an excellent opportunity to gain skills and experience across a range of competencies, including toolmaking and machining.
You will be learning from and working with a team of highly qualified professionals, who will be keen to assist you in developing your career within the business.
You will be earning a full time wage whilst gaining a trade qualification.
Objectives of the role:
As an Engineering Apprentice you will be learning all aspects of the role and assisting the Testing Officers and Engineers. You will be working towards a Certificate III in Engineering, Mechanical Trade; working full time and attending TAFE one day per week. Your day to day duties will include;
- Assisting the Testing Officer with testing products
- Ensuring the test area is clean and free of hazards
- Using engineering drawings and a variety of equipment to cut materials
- Manufacture and assemble parts
- Gain competency in milling, drilling, turning and grinding
- Assisting in the maintenance of Machinery
- Interpreting Australian Standards and assisting to devise testing procedures.
Key selection criteria:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and energetic candidate who is keen to start a career as an engineer. You will also have;
- Excellent maths skills
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally have completed a Certificate II in Engineering
- Some experience or work placement in an Engineering trade
- Strong work ethic and be self disciplined
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think outside the square
- Able to commit to a four year apprenticeship.
- Must be Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
This is a position that will not remain available for long. If you would like to apply for the role submit your resume and cover letter today.
*Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you would like to hear more about this role contact Emma Gleeson on (02) 8078 3398
Own car required:
Working with children certification required:
Police check required:
Designated Indigenous and Torres Strait only role:
Designated for people with a disability only: