*Designated Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander only role*
We currently have a vacancy for a part time/casual lifestyle assistant at a new aged care facility. A desire to create a fun and positive atmosphere for all residents. A certificate in health or lifestyle, or a willingness to undertake one whilst working with the organisation is a must. All candidates must pass a national police check. The successful candidate must deliver a lifestyle program, and be able to keep up to date records regarding activities, and participants, etc. Good computer and administration skills is required to complete this role successfully.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Ability to be creative and innovative.
- Able to take direction and ensure outcomes are clearly communicated.
- Able to negotiate and participate in problem identification and solutions.
- Remain calm and focused when faced with difficult situations.
- Able to manage own time to achieve key outcomes for the role.
- Adapts to changing circumstances in the workplace.
- Respect differences in all its forms.
- Able to review and manage services in response to the changing needs of residents.
- Able to identify and then seek appropriate support and guidance when required.
- Qualifications in a health field such as an approved Diversional Therapy or Activity Worker course.
- Desirable: Certificate III (Or Above) in aged care. Alternative Therapy qualification or certificate – e.g. – massage or aromatherapy.
- Delivering the lifestyle program as planned.
- Documenting the resident outcomes clearly and as per the organisation procedures.
- Able to recognize changes in a resident’s health status and report those appropriately.
- Adhere to all the relevant workplace safety laws and regulations.
- Participates in the development of the lifestyle program.
- Works cooperatively with colleagues and adheres to.
- Organisation HR policies in relation to employee relations.
- Follows the lifestyle program and provides feedback to the coordinator.
- Documents the resident focused outcomes of the programs delivery into the appropriate records.
- Works to a planned schedule.
- Works with and alongside the other facility staff to get the best outcomes for residents.
- Participates in the continuous improvement cycle at the home.
- Build relationships with families and other agencies at the service with the goal of improving life for residents in care.
- Reports workplace risks management.
- Reports resident risks to management.
- Participates in the development of the lifestyle program and the facilities over all operation as able and appropriate.
- Completes and is assessed as competent in the organisation mandatory competencies required for this role.
Own car required:
Working with children certification required:
Police check required:
Designated Indigenous and Torres Strait only role:
Designated for people with a disability only: