MEGT (Australia) Ltd provides a number of services to you, our clients. These services are mainly in the areas of provision of employment, recruitment of employees and training. You may use one, or all of our services. This service includes protecting your privacy. As from December 21st, 2001 MEGT is bound by new sections of the Privacy Act of 1988, which set out guidelines for the protection of your privacy.
Your personal information
Information held by MEGT about you could include: your name, current & previous address, telephone number(s), email address, drivers licence number, bank account details as well as details of your trading with us.
Where our information comes from
MEGT collects personal information in a number of ways:
Directly from you when you apply to us for employment, recruitment of employees or
training services on an application form.
- From freely available “public domain” information sources, eg telephone books.
- From our own records of how & when you use our various services.
- From third parties, such as previous employers or organisations you have dealt with in the past and volunteered by you as a reference for the purposes of employment or credit checks prior to the opening of an account with us.
How we use this information
We use your information to:
- provide the service(s) you have requested. This may be payment for work done, or, invoicing for work done by one of our employees or the provision of training services and the reporting of results.
- manageme those services to provide you with the optimum level of service for your individual needs
- conduct appropriate credit & pre-employment checks
- advise you of other services that we provide, that may be of interest to you or your organisation.
When we disclose information about you
We will only disclose information about you to others on an 'as needs' basis or where required by law. These people or organisations are:
- your authorised representatives or legal advisors
- credit providers for credit related functions such as the provision of account facilities
- Government & Statutory Authorities, where required by law, for example: the reporting of Training Results for a registered trainee.
- 0ther Divisions, (service providers) that form part of MEGT unless otherwise stated in our contractual responsibilities.
Have we got the right information
MEGT takes all reasonable steps to ensure that information we hold, use and where appropriate disclose to others about you is correct and current. The accuracy of this information depends largely upon you providing us with details such as current address, telephone number(s) and banking details. Please check your next Invoice or Payslip and let us know if there are any errors in the information we hold.
Your rights of access
You have the right to access any information we may hold about you, subject to some restrictions listed in Federal Government Legislation. If you would like to access this information, please contact us on the number below. You will be asked to establish your identity in writing with us, prior to the disclosure of any information. MEGT will charge a fee for the time taken for the search and copying of your information, (with the exception of information held by our Australian Apprenticeships Centre where no fee applies).
If you have any questions relating to privacy or the storage of information about you, please contact us on:
1300 MEGT MEGT
and ask for